Chapter 3

"Did she just say feelings?" Jihyo turns to Rosé with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh my gosh." Jisoo's jaw drops in an exaggerated gasp.

"Is the world about to end?" Mina stares wide-eyed at Lisa.

The current subject of their conversation, the mighty player Lisa Manobal, is totally oblivious to the weird looks her friends are giving her. They are gathered at Rosé's for their regular Friday night out with the rest of the girls. While the ash blonde is physically present, the others immediately notice how different she's acting.

Lisa had planted herself on Rosé's couch, sitting quietly still since she arrived. She barely paid attention to the conversation going on around her and is yet to even touch her glass of wine. It's only when Jisoo mentioned Jennie's return, which would be in the next two days, that Lisa's ears perked up.

And that's when her confession starts spilling from her mouth.

"I've had a crush on her for ages." Lisa continues word-vomiting her feelings for the absent brunette.

"No shit, Sherlock." Rosé rolls her eyes.

"Jen's so pretty, and sweet, and perfect and..."

"Something's wrong with her." Mina looks on at her friend, worry etched on her face.

"I just didn't act on it because I don't want to lose her. I can't live without her. If I fuck up everything with her, she'd leave me and then life would have no meaning."

"I think she's got the flu." Jisoo concludes.

"It could be Covid. The virus probably already reached her brain." Jihyo jokes to get some reaction from Lisa, who obviously did not even hear her.

Jisoo then reaches out to feel Lisa's forehead but her hand just got swatted away.

"Hey, ouch!" Jisoo hissed, nursing the painful sting on the back of her hand.

"So, is she sick?" Mina turns to Jisoo but didn't really get an answer since her friend is still wincing in pain. Should have remembered that Lisa is actually the strongest among them.

"She's fine." Rosé huffs, crossing her arms and looking bored. "She just has to grow some lady balls and tell Jennie how she feels."

"But I can't!" Lisa whines.

"Oh wow. I never thought I'd see the day when Lisa Manobal starts acting like a pussy." Jihyo stares amused at the Thai who somehow looks so small in the couch.

"I'm not a pussy."

Lisa growls at Jihyo, but even her glare did not scare her friends, not even a bit. Her shoulder falls, looking dejected.

"What if she doesn't feel the same and I lose her? I can't handle that. I'd be a dead man walking."

"Or woman, if you're going to be technical." Jisoo shrugs.

Lisa expels another exasperated sigh.

"Something's off when I'm not with her. Like, there's a void. I tried dating, you know."

"She's delirious too." Jisoo observes.

"But there's nobody like her. Maybe there's more to life than sleeping around." Lisa ignores her friends' comments as she continues with her sudden epiphany.

"We should call 911." Mina turns her attention to Rosé who just looks utterly amused.

"I will!" Rosé all too gladly picks up her iPhone from the coffee table, about to punch in the last number when it got unceremoniously snatched from her hand.