his knight and shining armour

Robin's POV: I watch as my lovely king wakes up and giggles at the sight of me looking at him. "Why didn't you wake me up? " he questions as I throw my arm around his waist.

"You looked so peaceful my love, and with you doing such a good job as a ruler I thought you deserved a little more sleep. " I say softly as he goes to get up, I obliged and let him go.
.
.
.

The day of the ball, he grabbed my arm and made me dance, I kiss his forehead as the sound of panic starts to erupt when my second in command rushed in saying we were under attack. As Finney looked at me I quickly shook my head, but Finney, persistent as always, started helping others out as I tried to rush him to the safety room.

He didn't listen.

Once the enemy got inside I started fighting as well, but I got lost from Finney.

.
.
.

"It's over..." I whisper to my king as I brush his cheek as he laid in my arms, bleeding out. "It's over my love... Everyone is safe because of you... " I say as he lifted his hand to my face.

"Promise to be a good king...? " he asked as his breathing slowed. I placed my hand on top of his, the feeling of my own tears on my hand I could not bare.

"... You'll be alright. " I whispered as I looked away. Once I said that his hand felt heavy... And his body, limp.

My king, my husband, is dead.

.
.
.

May have mistakes