Theresa's Nightmare

"THERESA, NO!"

In his efforts to save Norrisville from Evil Julian and the Sorcerer, Randy confronted him at Snow-klahoma. It would have been a simple fight to the end if Randy had not learned through Howard that he had kidnapped Theresa and was waiting for him on the amusement park's bridge. But during their scuffle, Julian socked Randy aside and Theresa off the bridge.

I gotta catch Theresa before she hits the ground! Randy thought frantically. I gotta! I gotta!

Desperate to save his girlfriend, Randy threw his scarf around Theresa's leg and caught her, but what he didn't hear was the snap of the baton twirler's neck. "Don't worry! I got you!" the ninja said as he pulled Theresa's limp form up.

As Randy lay Theresa flat on the bridge, he noticed the latter was unresponsive. He tried to crack a few bouts of dry wit, but the façade shattered when he realized the devastating truth. "No, no, no, no, no! I can't do this without you!" Randy pleaded. "Theresa, don't leave me, please!"

"Fool! She was already dead before your scarf even reached her!" Evil Julian mocked. "A fall from that height would mean certain death for anyone before they hit the ground! But I promise you death will come quicker than the shock of one fell swoop!"

Evil Julian cackled and disappeared in a puff of smoke. With the chairman of Der Monster Klub gone, Randy took off his mask and cradled the dead teen in his arms as tears brimmed his eyes. "I saved you," he whimpered.

Randy's grief abruptly turned into rage as he angrily raised a fist into the air. "YOU'RE THE HONKING SHOOB WHO'S GONNA PAY! I'M GONNA GET YOU, EVIL JULIAN!" he vowed threateningly. "I'LL KILL YOU SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY! WHEN YOU START BEGGING FOR MERCY, THERE'S ONE THING I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER! YOU KILLED THE GIRL I LOVE, AND YOU'LL DIE FOR THAT!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theresa screamed as she bolted upright in a flash of cold sweat. It was 1:00 am, and the moonlight outside dimly illuminated the bedroom. "Theresa, you okay?" Randy asked as he awoke from his slumber.

"I had a nightmare," Theresa quickly answered as she trembled.

"What happened? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," Randy said.

Theresa took a deep breath and began telling Randy everything that transpired in her nightmare. She explained the Sorcerer and Evil Julian's attack on Norrisville came back to haunt her, and it culminated in Randy's failure as the ninja to save her life. Even though it happened eight years ago, the trauma was still fresh in her mind.

"That's horrible," Randy commented. "I don't know what I would have done if the Sorcerer took you away from me."

"The worst part is that it happened near the end of our freshman year of high school," Theresa sniffled.

Unable to withstand the trauma anymore, Theresa buried her face into Randy's shoulder and cried as the latter pulled her into his embrace. "There now, sunshine," Randy said as he consoled his wife. "All of that happened in the past, so just let bygones be bygones. As long as you stay with me, nothing will ever hurt you."

"Thank you, hon," Theresa said before she began kissing her husband passionately. "I'm so lucky to have a man like you."

"And I'm lucky to be married to a woman like you," Randy said as he returned the kiss from his wife.

The two lovers made out for no more than thirty minutes until they fell back asleep. Now that she had gotten the trauma off her chest, Theresa could finally move on from the past and be with her high school sweetheart for the remainder of her life, and there was no doubt Randy felt the same.