Part 2

Stevie took a turn, then another. After Pepper took her for a race around the kitchen floor, Gloria finally asked what was happening, and followed my glare down to the attempt at chasing the fastest damn spider in the world (she was epic).

"Aghhhhhhhhhhh" Gloria screamed, in a high pitched C note. I tried to sing along to the song that came to mind but couldn't remember the lyrics and she was too scared to kid around by now. I knew Stevie and I were in trouble, but Stevies' troubles were much worse.

So I swooped down in style but fell down without it, with my stick too. - At least it distracted pepper. Not Gloria. She was now, I'm sure, curagious enough to get Stevie, Pepper, AND me, in the dog house. Dani, my youngest boy came running quick in the kitchen after being awoken by the ruckus and tried to pick Stevie up himself, now cornered, which Gloria DID NOT like, as I was looking steady, but curious too as to see if he really would pick her up just like that. (Authors' note: "What?")

Then Stevie took the last choice I ever knew her for. A Sprint then flight with an artistic hovering web spinning dance in reverse that took her somehow up on the shelf again, on which Gloria was leaning on, then not, and up towards the window as we all cluttered down on the kitchen floor looking up, and she looked down, I like to think, as a big bird came near the window, too near...

"Swish, swish, swish"

-Went the stick, as my wife threw it in favor of Stevie, scaring the bird away as it hit the half open window, and Stevie went off towards her next destination. Alive, and well.