-Part II-

•·················•·················•

Once upon a time, my head was filled with nothing but deceptive thoughts. Lies that I fed myself because my only friend was the sad reflection in my mirror. The sun shined, but there was a constant cover of clouds that blocked all warmth. I lived in darkness despite the light.

As a kid, you don't ever think you could reach the point where you don't want to smile. Everyone lived happily ever after, right? Sunshine and rainbows, laughing, cheering. The hero always defeated the villain. The princess fell in love with the prince. Broken hearts were mended, wounds were healed. Everything was — perfect.

Well, this isn't a fairytale. My happy ending is dangling over a cliff far enough out that I cannot reach it. But if I jump, I will not survive the fall. Life isn't that kind and in a world like this one, kindness is an afterthought. It's every man for themself. No laws, no rules — people kill for fun and others fight for survival.

Even when you think you're safe, there's something lurking in the shadows waiting for the perfect time to strike. Ready to rip your life at the seam and take every piece of happiness you have left.

I wonder if I deserve this. This isn't what is supposed to happen to the hero.

But, maybe, I'm not the hero.

Maybe I'm the villain.

•·················•·················•