Baji x Reader

(Y/N)= Your Name
(Gender Neutral Reader)
TW: Suicidal thoughts/ self harm, Angst

What's life without Baji
—————————•

You tend to push those you love away, putting up a facade for them to see because you are afraid to be hurt. those people you know aren't able to understand you. yYou just don't fit well with them, you don't deserve to. the burden of not being good enough for anyone, not your family, friends, and even him is unbearable. the dulling numbness that has been embedded inside your core for years to where it consumes your consciousness as if it is suffocating you. you don't want to share this burden with others, you don't want them to worry about you, but why does he keep coming back?

He comes out of nowhere crashing into your life. Saving you from jumping- ending all the pain. He bribed you with a cat black cat you remembered he said, "Cats are cute, cuddly, and easy to talk to, but don't understand when we talk....Just know you don't have too. Just let it all out, your pain and grief just cry and scream. Don't take the cowardly way out!" He growled. Heh.... He was like a slap into reality. So you did what he said you screamed until your lungs hurt. You cried until you couldn't. You hugged him and told him all your worries.

You often feel so lost and alone, frequently living in your own thoughts you love so much, tending to disconnect yourself from the world. But since you met him he's helped you out of that. He's always there- in your heart. The heart which had always craved peace and safety since you haven't felt much of that in your life. Ever since you met Baji Keisuke you've gained what you always yearned for.

You noticed you smiled more, started interacting with more people, your heart felt light-nothing the heavy weight that was in your chest gone, you felt free. Free from the chains that held you down, the same chains which had you inflicting pain onto yourself. All because of a stranger- who you grew to love- saved you from a mistake you would've regretted.

~~~~~~~~

His fingers gently brush over your cheeks. He's staring at you like it was his last time he would ever see you. Then next thing he says makes your heart flutter with worry- you knew something was wrong.

~~~~~~~~~

"I love you (Y/N)" he whispered, bringing both hands up to cradle your face before gently placing a kiss on the nib of your nose, then your cheek, then one short was savory kiss on your lips.  You didn't notice but you started crying and confessed you love him too, you always have. He wiped away your tears before he begins to softly pepper your face with tiny kisses. You lay on his chest, head buried into the crock of his neck. one of his arms is wrapped around your waist, the other caressing your hair. "Please Kei...come back to me... I cant loose you!" You wailed. He comforts you and promises he will be back.

The next morning Chifuyu is at you door step with tears running down his cheeks.

End.

——————————-•
A/N: Happy birthday Baji