Chapter 24.

Alex turned over in the bed, a ray of sunlight struggling to beam through the crack in the blinds.

She faced stiles, he was snoring quietly. Alex liked to watch him, only for a moment. It was rare occasion she got to just look at him; remind herself just how lucky she is.

But alas, the moment ended and she was bored.

"Hey" alex nudged him a few times.

Stiles hurried his head into the pillow, "you just woke me in the middle of the best dream ever"

Alex smiled, "what's that?"

"We were far, far away from here, waking up whenever we wanted, going to sleep at a reasonable hour. Believe it or not, a world without insomnia may exist"

"No" alex gasped, "well I just can't believe that"

Stiles laid on his back, "it's true. You can actually go asleep before 2am and it doesn't even require fighting anyone"

Alex snuggled into him "that sounds like... well like a dream"

Stiles arms rested around her, the sun warming them Both.

"How did you sleep?" He asked,

"Better than I did when you were gone"

"Logically," stiles started, his brows arched towards her "shouldn't it be me who feels safest with you, considering you are.. what did you call it the other day - a dagger baring maniac"

Alex smiled softly, her fingers intertwined with his. "you make me feel safe, simply because you are you. You may not be able to shoot a gun or throw a dagger but that's what I love, you are human. You are so perfectly flawed, and whenever I needed it you made me feel human. You have protected me from so much, and you have taken so much. Without you I would have probably died a long time ago, so yes. When you were gone I felt unsafe because you are my safety, you're my home and my reassurance"

Stiles frowned, "wow. I'm actually speechless"

Alex laughed, "wow, I've succeeded in the impossible"

"oh that's funny huh?" Stiles quipped, his brow slightly raised, "how about now"

Alex felt his fingers dig into her side, she gasped as he started to tickle her.

"No" she laughed - a painful laugh. She jerked around the bed, her legs kicking as she tried to pry his fingers from her sides.

"I could so-..." she panted, slapping his hands way "easily pin you down right now"

Stiles stopped instantly, he leaned over her "well don't tease me with a good time"

Alex's cheeks burned, mostly with embarrassment.

"It's been how many years and you're still blushing?" Stiles teased,

"Well, if I was towering over you like this, morning hair that slight rasp in my voice. Wouldn't you blush"

Stiles softened his gaze "well, now you're really teasing me with a good time"

"What are you gonna do about it?" Alex quirked, biting her lip.

Stiles lowered his body, his lips met hers softly; he kissed her so delicately, like he was scared he'd bruise her lips.

Alex craved him. She craved his lips like a sinful sugary candy, she craved his soft touch and generous personality.

"Will I keep going?" He asked, breaking the kiss.

Alex's lips were left puckered for a moment, she woke from the blissful daze "why would you stop?"

"Your shoulder"