Prologue

When you're in high school, the choices you make aren't thought through properly. We are told that high school is the place to make mistakes, to have fun, to be a kid, because after graduation, life sucks. You have to get a job, make enough money to support yourself and whatever else you want in life. It gets dull, and boring, and we are told to soak up the chance to be reckless, immature, and young.

My life didn't end up that way. 

My name is Emmaline, and this is the story all about how my life got flipped, turned up-side-down. Sorry, the Fresh Prince theme song just seemed appropriate.

Anyways... My life was the exact opposite of mainstream life-cycles. I had a boring childhood. One friend throughout school. Trace and I met in kindergarten, I shared my blue crayon and the rest is history. I never partied, went on weekend trips, went to group hang outs, no fun ever. And then one day in Junior Year, that all changed.

Life is now an endless game of hide and seek from every human on this planet. I solved a mystery that was never supposed to be solved, and now I'm paying for it. Funny how a class elective can do that to you. One measly choice resulted in me running for my life, never trusting anyone, and wishing I could Just go back and stop myself from choosing that stupid class.

You may be wondering what class I'm referring to. Like is it coding, ancient hieroglyphics, chess, art... no. It wasn't anything interesting at all. It was Morse Code 101.