24. The Knot

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"Jealousy, JEALOUSY
Started following ME"

-jealousy jealousy, olivia rodrigo

"jesus allison!" sasha yelled climbing in the window, looking down at allison who had isaac pinned to floor, a knife to his throat.

"what do you think you're doing?" allison asked, not taking her eyes off isaac.

"you weren't at school." isaac said

"scott send you two to check up on me?"

"maybe he was worried."

"i can take care of myself."

"yeah i've noticed." isaac smiled, his heart racing causing sasha to feel pretty stupid. "more than once."

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"okay okay hold on a second, your dads the killer?" isaac asked as allison lead the two into her fathers office.

"no. i mean i don't think he is. at least i hope he isn't." allison sighed

"you hope he isn't the serial-killing dark druid who's been slashing people's throats?"

"yeah." allison nodded

"right."

"do you wanna help me or not?"

"i'm just trying to get all the cards on the table here." isaac said. allison held up a blue light to the map of beacon hills lying on argents desk, revealing squares and x's marked across the town . "see the marks? there are five more bodies to be found but it doesn't say who the bodies are. what are you doing?" allison asked isaac who was standing a few steps behind the two girls, tilting his head while studying the map.

"something i learned from my father. take a step back. look at the whole picture. sometimes you see things you wouldn't notice if you were up close when all you're looking at are the details."

allison took a step back, practically pressing her whole body against isaacs. the boy looked down at the girl. sasha rolled her eyes and sighed a bit too loudly. the lahey boy must've heard, he coughed awkwardly and took a small step to the side.

"look at that. you see that?" allison asked, not picking up on the tension in the room. she stepped forward and picked up the map, sliding it to the other side of the table.

"what is that?" isaac said, running his hands over the symbol engraved into the desk.

"a five fold knot. it's a Celtic symbol." allison explained. she took isaacs hand with the torch in it, guiding it over the table. sasha tried not to yell, instead biting down on the inside of her cheek.