ch.7

Please ignore the font change from the last few chapers-

_____________________________

"War is constant chaos,"

With those words I quickly snapped out of whatever daze I was in. It has only been a day since that run in with Bular, and I hadn't felt much at ease since then. Even with the short relief of finally escaping him, the walk back home was less than comforting.

I sat next to Jim in this period, Toby on his other side.

"The winner will be the one who controls the chaos, both his own and his enemy's." Strickler said, continuing on his long lesson. "Napoleon's words show an unquenchable need for conquest, a man who could not be stopped." The class at this point looked like they were all close to passing out. "So, what was the french generals downfall? did he stare down the barrel of a cannon?" Strickler paused before starting again. "Did he die from the deafening silence of a classroom."

At this the class started laughing, startling the heck out of me. one second they're practically zombies the next they seem like actual kids.

"Look at that, he's got the wole class eating out of his hand-" Jim started, before he was interrupted by Toby. "His creepy troll hand." "I trusted him, he betrayed me. and worst o all he hit on my Mother."

'that's rough buddy-' I thought for a moment.

"I should end him now." Jim said, comletely serious about wanting to try to kill his teacher. "orrrrr you could ask him to divulge the whereabouts of the bridge that could release unspeakable evil. I don't know" Tobes added.

I had noticed that Toby was looking at his phone every three seconds. 'weird, what's even on there?'.

"Do you think Strickler even knows your the trollhunter?"

"Bular called me 'Young Atlas',  only Strickler calls me that- ofcourse he knows. But he doesn't know we're onto him" Jim said.

"Malaria. The worlds most powerful army felled by the most insignificant insect" Strickler finished. 'that sounds like a continuation of something important that I missed. oh well, I guess I'll find out next quiz'.

"One last lesson, who can tell me where Napoleon kept his armies,"

Oh no-. I've heard this tone of voice many times.

the dad joke

"In his sleevies." *Que the annoyed groans of an audience*

"Young Atlas," Strickler started, directing his attention to Jim. Toby rushed to his side while I packed some books in my backpack. "If I could have a brief word before you leave." He flickered his eyes over to Toby and I, "alone, please."

Toby whispered to Jims ear, "not until after he divulges where the bridge is." As Toby and I walked out of the classroom, I turned around behind Strickler and faced Jim. "he doesn't know we're onto him" I mouthed toward Jim mockingly, before leaving the classroom.

I ended up catching up with Claire and Darcy as they left. "looks like someone has eyes for Jimmmmmm," Darcy nudged her friend. "Remember that letter I was telling you about?"

"The one where he was fighting all of those inner monster?- you don't think he's crazy do you?" "I don't know, but I'm gonna find out."

The girls and I then walk to next period.

~Timeskip~

I was in the boys locke room with Jim and Toby, discussing what to do about Strickler. "He's coming over for dinner!?" Toby exclaimed. "I know I thought it was a bad idea at first, but think about it. this could work in our favor." Jim quickly responded, Toby struggling to put on his sock next to him and me leaning on one of the lockers. "Totally like how?" Jim then looks to me to explain the other half of the 'plan', knowing my oh-so stragetic demigod mind had already worked it out. "Well, if he's busy with Jim we can break in, find something about the bridge."

"Covert operation, my two favorite words!"
"After taco truck?" I questioned. "After taco truck," he confirmed.

"No more secrets, no more lies, it's all coming out. tonight. If we can find out where the bridge is then it is goodbye Mr. S." concluded Jim standing up as he did so. We started to head out, me deciding to ignore the movement in my perhipheral vision. "Hey Y/n?" "Yeah?" "how'd you even get in the lockerroom, I don't remember you having gym with us today?" I turned my head to Toby while he spoke "Oh, I just walked in, nobody said anything."

________________________ 3rd person POV__

"I do not approve of this plan. It lacks a certain, "killing the changeling" component." Draal commented. The troll and Trollhunter were in the latter's basement. discussing the matter. "I would love to, but not until they locate the bridge, okay?" Jim said. "And find out what he wants with me"

"We could rip off his limbs," Draal suggested, "make him talk, more like scream. Now that sounds like a good plan."

"No, no, no ripping anything." Jim disagreed, "My mom, ugh, she kind of likes him. And since she's here I can't have you busting chops unless it's a last resort."

"And only, if it's a last resort."

Draal gave a sigh, "how will I know this "last resort"?" "Okay, if everythings cool i'll stomp once. If I run into any trouble i'll stomp twice, got it?"

"two times, then I tear his limbs." Just as Draal finished his sentence the doorbell rang. "Just stay down here, and no 'limb tearing'." Jim ran up the stairs and into the living room just as Strickler was coming through the door. "Hello, I didn't know what variety you liked so I brught a pinot noir, the 'heartbreak grape'." The changeling said, offering Barbara the beverage.

"We don't judge here, all kinds are welcome." She said, while taking the drink into her own hands. She then started to walk away, Jim taking that as his cue to talk to Strickler.

"Mr. Lake"

"Mr. Strickler"

"Please, my friends call me Walt." Strickler said, walking towards where Barbara had gone. "What do your enemies call you?" Jim asked, adding in an unenthusiastic laugh as he did so.

____

Claire looked toward Jims house from behind a few bushes, before jogging across the street and up to it. leaning up to the front door.

____

Inside the house Strickler was having a small conversation with Barbara while Jim cooked.

"Hints of tart without being promiscuous, if you know what I mean."

Jim slid the kitchen window shut, before holding up his phone and speaking into it. The teacher is in the henhouse, mission is a go."

"Copy that trollhunter," Toby said on the other line, "I'm waiting at the rendevouz point."

...

"I said, I'm waiting at the rendevous point."

...

"NotEnrique!" Toby shouted for the changeling.

NotEnrique comes down from a vent on the ceiling, then begins to climb down to the locker Toby hid in. "Give me the socks first, then i'll let you out." NoEnrique said. "Now? that wasn't the deal." Toby protested, before taking one sock off and sliding it through a hole in the locker, "You  get the other one when the job is done."

"*banging on locker door* Open up." NotEnrique opens the locker, making Toby fall onto the gound. "Whats the job?" The changeling asks.

"Your a changeling, Blinky says we'll need one to find a changeling's secrets."
"No, no way."
"Oh, would you rather be Bular kibble?"

NotEnrique jumps onto Toby's head. "Fine let's make it snappy." "Ok, just a minute, Y/n still needs to get here."

Soon after he says that, the said person walks around a corner and kneels down to him. "Already here."

___

ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ᵉⁿᵈᵉᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ʰᵉʳᵉ, ⁱ ˢᵒʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᶠᵉˡˡ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵃⁿᵈᵒᵐ. ᵇᵘᵗ ʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ᵃⁿ ᵘⁿᶠⁱⁿⁱˢʰᵉᵈ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁱ ʷᵃˢ ʷᵒʳᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ.

ᵃˢ ᵒᶠ ⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰⁱˢ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ⁱˢ ᵘᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃᵈᵒᵖᵗⁱᵒⁿ, ⁱ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃˡˡ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ʷᵒⁿᵈᵉʳᶠᵘˡ ᵈᵃʸ/ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵇᵃⁱⁱⁱⁱⁱⁱ

🎉 You've finished reading "Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Aʀᴄᴀᴅɪᴀ" (Tʀᴏʟʟ Hᴜɴᴛᴇʀs x ᴅᴇᴍɪɢᴏᴅ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ) ᵈⁱˢᶜᵒⁿᵗⁱⁿᵘᵉᵈ 🎉