⁂̩̩͙͙ bill denbrough // sleepless night ⁂̩̩͙͙

fandom: IT
warnings: readers parents fighting is briefly mentioned, a singular little kiss
extra info: this is from my IT phase...
request?: no

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .
i slid through bill denbroughs bedroom window quickly, the window bill always left cracked open for me for occasions just like this.

bill was sound asleep in his bed -not that i would expect anything different, it was 2 in the morning-, snoring softly. i shut the window behind me as soundlessly as i could and crept over to his bedroom door, locking it just in case his parents decided to burst inside.

my footsteps seemed to rouse bill, because when i turned back around he was sitting up in bed.

"(y/n)?" he stuttered out. "is everyth-thing okay?" he rubbed his eyes like a little kid.

i nodded. "yeah my parents are just..."

"fighting." he finished for me. he pulled his covers back, and stood up. he was wearing plaid pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt, thin and a light blue.

i took a shaky breath in, rubbing my water-soaked arms. i had walked to bills through the heavy thunderstorm outside, soaking my clothes and hair in the process.

bill opened his closet door, pulling one of his shirts out. "h-here." he handed me the maroon t-shirt shyly.

i wiggled out of my pajama shorts and sweater and tossed the warm shirt over my head. i reddened slightly when i realized bill had been watching me, tired eyes set slightly ablaze. i made a pile of clothes on top of my shoes and wet socks in front of bills bed.

a hand rested on my bicep, turning me around. "you ok-kay?"

i simply nodded, wrapping my arms around bills middle and inhaling his scent. "sorry for waking you up."

his other hand came to rest on the back of my neck, rubbing small circles with his thumb. "it's fine. b-bed?" he gestured to his small bed in the center of the room.

i broke away from him, sliding under the cool covers and scooting over to let bill in.

"were you dreaming?" i asked him.

he pulled his comforter up to my neck, making sure the blankets were covering me completely before making himself comfortable.

we lay facing each other, hands intertwined under the sheets.

he licked his lips before speaking softly. "yeah, about you."

"what was i doing?" i bit back a smile.

"we were p-p-playing down in the qu-quarry." he rubbed figure eights into the back of my hand as he whispered. "the rest of the losers w-were up on the ro-rocks, talking. but we were down in the water. we were talking about turt-turtles and you kissed me." i could see his face redden in the darkness.

i giggled. "i kissed you?" i repeated. i ran my free hand through his hair and rested it on his cheek.

bill nodded. i leaned closer, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. it was short and sweet, and it filled me with the warmth blankets couldn't provide.

"it was a little l-longer than that, i think." bill whispered when i returned to my spot in the bed.

i laughed quietly, lightly smacking him on the cheek. "shut it."

his arm enclosed around me, pulling me into his chest and tucking my head under his. "thank you for letting me come over, bill." i whispered into his skin.

"of course, (nickname). i love y- i l-love having you o-over." he pressed a kiss against the crown of my head.

i smiled at his almost 'i love you' and traced a heart on his back. the rain pattered against the window and outer wall, creating a calm atmosphere and soothing my nerves further.

there was a crack of thunder in the distance, and bill pulled me even closer.

"i do love you." i finally worked up the courage to whisper.

bills breathing stopped, and the hand intertwined with mine tightened. "i-i... i love you, too."