First day

I woke up the next morning way to early. The sun just started rising, Newts arms where rapped around me his face was stuffed in my neck. He was so much taller then you that his feet where hanging off the bed so that he could put his head in my neck. I turned to face him, his face was so perfect and peaceful every freckle was perfectly in place. The sun rise shining on his face in just the right way, I wanted to stay there forever but I had a sick sister to get too. I got up and put on a lilac dress, I flicked my wand putting my hair up in a messy bun making made my way down the stairs into the kitchen. It looked like I was the only one up. I made eggs and toast for everyone I put some eggs and toast on a plate for Poppy. I walked up the stairs and opened Poppy's door to your surprise she was up and reading. "Good morning." I walked over and sat next to her, "Hey Y/n!" She said in a scratchy voice. "I have breakfast for you." I put the plate on the bed side table and handed her a glass of water. "How are you feeling this morning?" She drank the water and answered. "Still feel like trash but I'm better then I was a week ago." She smiled softly. "You've been sick for a week?" I said concerned, "Yeah but I was ok. Dad didn't want to worry you." She picked up her plate and started eating some eggs. "Dad should have told me!" I said a little angry, "But were you out of town like 2 weeks ago?" She said In between bits, "How did you know that?" I asked in shock. "Oh dad went over to tell you but you weren't home. So he went to your work and asked, apparently you had been gone for several weeks." She took a drink and kept eating. Now I wish I was here, but I guess I was doing something more important. I mean I was helping Newt catch Grindenwald, one of the most dangerous wizards in the world. "I'm going to help get you better as soon as you can." I smiled at her hopeful, "Well I see you've had a great time sense you moved out." She smiled at me, "What do you mean by that?" I asked. "Oh well you got yourself a boyfriend and isn't he the boy from Hogwarts who got expelled? Wasn't he your best friend?" "Yeah actually he is." I cleaned her room while I was talking. "So he was that school friend that you couldn't stop talking about in 3d year?" She told me, I stoped folding her clothes and said. "You where just a toddler when I was in 3d year? How do you remember?" "I guess I got the good memory out of the two of us." She giggled to herself, I laughed as well and said " those gene seemed to skip me." I smiled and thought of Newt and how my memory was always better with him. "I probably should check on Newt he doesn't like being in places he doesn't know." I turned to take the plate form her bedside. "I want to get to know Newt better, he seems like a good guy and he's cute." She winked at me and I laughed. I made my way down the stair dropped the dishes in the sink, I cast a spell to make them clean themselves. "Good morning Y/n." Dads voice came from behind me. "Morning dad!" I smiled and hugged him. "Poppy's doing fine this morning I just fed her, she's reading now. And now I need to check on Newt." I gave him a short smile and walked away, up the stairs and into my room. Newt was standing at the dresser in the left of the room messing with some papers. "Good morning." I stepped and hugged him from behind, "there you are.." he turned around and gave me a peck on the lips. "What's that?" I asked looking at the papers, they had different sketches of creatures and writing. "Just some things I'm trying out." He put his arm around my shoulder looking deeply into the papers. "How are you feeling today?" I asked him. "I'm nervous like always..but my creatures help me of course." He was slouching again it was awful for his back but it was cute because he was slouching when you first met, but it also meant he was uncomfortable. "Are you ok? Emotionally?" I asked looking into his eyes. "Well I..I mean I.." he stuttered looking for words, "Love it's ok..this is a new place you are meeting my dad for the first time and you are away from home. It's completely fine for you to be uncomfortable but don't hide it from me." I put my hands on his face, looking straight into his eyes. He looked at me keeping eye contact he smiled, "Thank you.." he closed his eyes taking my sent in. There was a loud thud, from across the room. We both turned around on the floor there was Teddy the niffer shoving your jewelry into his pouch. "Teddy!" Me and Newt yelled in disappointment. Teddy ran up onto the bed, Newt ran quickly after him. Teddy ran up the curtains ripping them with his claws, Newt tried to grab him but he leaped trowed me. I grabbed him, wiggling around trying to get out of my grasp. "Teddy.. you know not to steal what isn't yours." I scolded him. He looked at me apologetically and I smiled, "Now will you give me my jewelry back or will I have to take it?" He sadly pulled my bracelets and necklaces out of his pouch and handed me them. "Is that all of them?" I asked, he nodded and I gave him a look. He reluctantly pulled out my gold rig that Newt had given me on our first date and pretty much only date. I laughed at the thought, "Thank you." I gave him a pet and a kiss then handed him back to Newt. Newt smiled softly as he turned, he started talking to Teddy probably telling him off. I watched as he stepped into his case and disappeared. There was knock on the door "Come in." I said, in came Dad. "Hey." I walked over the counter where Teddy had grabbed my jewelry and started putting it back. "Where's Newt?" He asked looking around the room, "Oh you see that case there?" I pointed at the case on the floor. "It's enchanted, Newt keeps all his creatures that he can't leave at home in there, that way he can take care of them from home." Dads eyed the case in amazement, that's how everyone reacted first time seeing the cases real purpose. "So he's in there? With a bunch of magical creatures?" "Yep!" I said proudly. "Creatures are dangerous. Why did you let him bring that into my home?" He sounded angry. "Dad there not dangerous no creatures are dangerous! They just defend themselves that's all. He even wrote a book about them He's a brilliant Magizoologist." I defended, seeing how much I cared he stopped. "I'm sorry." Now I was mad but I calmed down and said "It's ok dad. Now what did you come in here for?" He looked up remembering, "oh I'm going to work." I smiled and nodded. "Ok see you later hun." He left the room. You sighed you and dad haven't gotten into a fight sense you left home, it was necessarily a fight but he was mad and I was mad. I know he was just scared for Poppy, he didn't know creatures like you do. I hope newt didn't hear that. I mean he was just in the case right next to me.

Newts POV
"How many times do I have to tell you don't take what isn't yours!" I scolded Teddy. He looked at me guiltily I couldn't stay mad at that face, "you have a bunch of stuff in your tree." I told him walking over to his tree with a hole in the center with all kinds of shiny things. I put him down and made my way back into the hut, 'oh I my papers are still in the room.' I thought I was about to open the case when I heard yelling I froze. "Creatures are dangerous. Why did you let him bring that into my home?" It was Y/n's dad.  Y/n snapped back quickly saying "Dad there not dangerous! No creatures are dangerous! They just defend themselves that's all. He even wrote a book about them He's a brilliant Magizoologist." Y/n talks about creatures with love and passion. I remember Y/n first walking up those stairs how excited she was to see that raven chick. How when I first saw her I needed and wanted to protect her. I felt like she was my responsibility. The door closing snapped me out of my thoughts, I stepped back down the ladder. I looked around the tiny space 'wow it's a mess in here.' There was paper and jars all over, plants where over grown falling over everything. I started picking up piles of papers stacking them, I felt a pull on my hair. It was picket "What is it?" I asked, he gave me a sad smile and rubbed his belly. "Oh your hungry? I just feed you." I reached for him a stepped on my hand. I pulled him in front of me so I could see him better, he gave me puppy dog eyes. "No don't do that.." I looked at me, "uhhh fine you can have a snack, but if you get fat it's not my fault." I gave him some woodlice he started eating like it was going to disappear, I laughed to myself.

Y/n's POV
I sat on the bed thinking. "Y/n?" I heard Poppy's voice say form down the hall. I stood quickly walking to her room. "What's wrong?" I said coming though the door. "I was wondering I haven't been out of the house in weeks, can we go for walk or go to the park?" She asked sitting up smiling. "Of course! If your feeling good enough?" I asked walking over to her. "I am and I feel like getting out of this room, it will do me some good!" She was so excited I couldn't say no. "Yes, when do you want to go?" She thought for a second, then answered "Can we go today?" "Yes that sounds like a plan." I said, I was so happy that she was feeling good enough to go outside. "We will go at 1pm. Does that sound good?" I asked before leaving. "Yep! Perfect." She was practically jamming in her bed.