1.11

The wedding was finally coming to its end. And Cora was only waiting for her moment to talk to her sister and give her her gift.

The bride was finally free and the groom walk together to the table. "Mom dad.. " Sebastian was the name of celinas husband.

He eyed the people on the table one by one and his eyes shook when it reached the sophisticated looking cora.

Celina noticed his eyes. And she hummed and pinched his arm. Sebastian coughed. "Sorry.. I dont seem to.. Know you..? "

He really did not know this new face.

"Oh.. Hi. Im Cora. Celinas sister.. "

Sebastian's mouth shaped in O as he stared at his wife. As if asking with his eyes. 'So she the one you hated'?

Celina rolled her eyes.

Sebastian laughed. And he eyed Cora. Stunning.... Really... Stunning.

Calvin was looking at his phone and started frowning. "Franchesca is still not here... I wonder. "

Celina scoffed a bit. Franchesca.. Ahh.. That child. .. If only she hadnt look so much like cora....

"Dad! "

The voice of Franchesca came. Calvin stood up. Cora and celine followed his gaze and both froze.

Two., no. Four people froze at the same time.

Franchesca had never seen her third aunt... Until now. And finally noticed the resemblance between them. She couldnt believe the shock and surprise that is coursing through her.

It was the same with Cora. She was surprised to see her niece looks 70% like her. And to see the man... That familiar man behind her.

Celine had never imagined she would see him again... And the strucking realization to finally notice that... He has been following behind her niece... Who looks so much like cora...

Celine clenched her fist that her husband hissed. "Babe.. Why you suddenly hurting me? " he asked in a low voice.

Did she notice him stealing glances at her sister?

"Nothin... " celine replied.

Brandon felt like he was dreaming.. It was just a second ago when all he could see was the thin back of the girl in blue dress.

But now.. His eyes are directed to that woman who was wearing a red dress.

He swallowed hard. And the silent heart in his chest started beating like crazy... Yes! Yes! Its her!!!

Cora looked away.

Brandon.. Was the whole reason why celine hates her.

"Dad! " franchesca happily hugged her father. Then look at her aunt and brought out a gift. "This is my gift aunt. "

"Y.. Yeah.. Thanks" celine still smiled and accepted it. Then she look at brandon and purposely asked her niece. "Brandon... I mean.. Whos the man with you? "

"Oh! This is sir. Brandon. He is one of my teachers. He helped me.. I accidentally broke my heels.. "

Calvin immediately asked is she is ok. Then faced Brandon "Thank you for taking care of my clumsy daughter.. "

"Ah.. No.. No prob." But brandons eyes are directed to the woman that mesmerizes him among all.

Cora noticed the stare and smiled at him. She remembered him. But not the special way. Just a familiar person back in her life. The guy who... Caused the rift between her and her celine.

Brandom was the typical badboy of every school. Handsome, rich, hot, hard headed,... Etc.

That was the year when Cora started to bloom. As a late bloomer, it felt just like she used her magic and went from a duck to a swan.

Cora and Celine both transferred at the same school that year, many men eyes are caught by the sexy and hot celine. But most are caught by the silent, beautiful, meek, and sophisticated younger sister.

One of them is brandon.

Celine likes brandon. He was the guy she fantasizes. But learning that he likes Cora... Celine lost it. Since cora started to bloom, celine had never felt the jealousy so strong.

There was a series of pull and push.

Until brandon gave her a bunch of flower with a blushing face and asked her to be his girlfriend which she... Declined.

Cora had never forgotten how her sister went berserk. Cora has no plans of falling in love. Brandon is a good guy sure.. But she feels like he is fake. He is only nice to her but mean to everybody.

If he cant respect the people around her. How can she be sure brandon can respect her or her family?

When she declined his offer, Celine walk through the crowd and came to her with big steps. And slap her across the face.

That was the first time Cora had felt that feeling of emptiness.

Cora blinked. She tried to erase the memory away. Anyway its been years.

They already have lives of their own..

And past is past. Right. Because of her absent mindedness, she accidentally stained the white cloth on the table with the red wine.

And the wine also got to her dress, she stood up, "Sorry. I gotta go to restroom for a bit. " she excused herself. Not bothering to look at the new comers staring at her.

Its fine though, her dress is bold red so it wont be noticed. But the wine also gives her a sticky feeling, makes her uncomfortable.

She was calm when she saw brandon, but only when she started walking away did she realize her heart is beating so fast.

She was actually so nervous on meeting brandon again.

She already saw the door of the restroom when a strong hand caught her wrist and effortlessly pulled her against the wall.

"Ah! " she gasped in fright.

"Cora.. " There stood brandon. He didnt even know why he followed her, no. He knew what he wanted. But.. But its been really a big surprise.

"Brandon??.. Oh. Why? " cora winced.

"I.. I ahm... Im sorry.  I just.. Can.. Can we meet on week end and have a meal? Catching up to the years... " brandon removed his hands and said shyly.

Cora stared at him and smiled. "Yeah.."