CHAPTER 6 ' Solitude

⠀⠀The more I thought about it the more it didn't make sense to me. If I was from a different world how come I have a vision. Aether doesn't. Why would I?I remember I woke up with this vision so the Archons couldn't have gave it to me. Is it just an accessory?But I can use elemental energy. Maybe it's a delusion? But how did I get it?Who gave it to me? I don't feel drained at all from it so it can't be that, right?Even though I feel like I don't belong there's no way I'm from a different world. Then my whole life wouldn't make any sense. But if I'm from this stupid world why don't I remember anything?Why does no one remember me?Why does no one have any information on me?

⠀⠀⠀"I have so many questions about my identity that I can't even bother with the whole "sky is fake" thing." I mumbled. I felt so alone right now. Maybe leaving Aether was a bad idea... But recently he didn't really bother with me anyway. He would roll his eyes whenever I tried to have a casual conversation with him. And Scaramouche does the same thing too. Maybe I'm just not fun to talk to.

⠀⠀⠀I sighed. Looking at my reflection in the water just didn't feel like me. What was I really? I got up and looked back at the sky. I couldn't even look at it anymore without my stomach turning. I couldn't even find comfort in the one thing I've always known. Archons, this world sucks.

⠀⠀⠀The more I was alone the more time I had to think about shit that made me feel even worse... I had to change something up a bit. I got up, packed my bag, set out the fire, filled my bottle with water and left the Apam Woods to find Scaramouche.

⠀⠀⠀I know he said I shouldn't follow him but what else was I to do. I was alone and had nothing to do? Take a bath? I was perfectly clean. I ate food before so I'm not hungry either. I could make a tiny hut for me to stay in but that would be just ridiculous.

⠀⠀⠀I pulled out my map and scanned it with my eyes. I had no idea where Scaramouche went to, he wasn't really one to talk to you about plans and whatnot so I just decided to go to Ardravi Valley to see that cool giant ruin guard. I heard stories about it and wanted to see it for myself. Thank god its not active, haha.

⠀⠀⠀I was planning to look around for Scaramouche and then go back once the sun sets. That seemed fair to me. If Scaramouche could just go without telling me anything then so can I. There wasn't anything important at the camp anyway. Just some rocks and burnt twigs.

⠀⠀⠀At least after all this time I didn't have to run errands for someone and I could just take some time for myself.

⠀⠀⠀On my way I managed to collect some crystalfly cores. I could make some nice accessories for myself out of them, they're pretty and shiny. Maybe some hairclips or a necklace or some earrings. So many options. Since I was collecting things already I decided to pick up some flowers too : Sumeru Roses, Nilotpala and Kalpalata Lotus and Padisarah. I put one behind my ear and teleported to see the ruin gurad.

⠀⠀⠀I was excited to see it at first but then the closer I got to it the more sick I felt. I don't know how to describe the feeling but it didn't feel like anything good. Ignoring the feelings completely, I got closer and closer to it eventually being just a feet away from its giant hand. It would be so fun to explore it and slide down its huge mechanical parts like on a slide but the feeling still hasn't left.

⠀⠀⠀I didn't stay there for long. The atmosphere was so tense I thought my heart would explode if I stayed there more. So I just decided to visit one of my favourite places in Sumeru, the Mawtiyima Forest.

⠀⠀⠀I loved being so high up and watching everything from above. And those little pools created from rain water gathering were usually warm and nice to stay in.

⠀⠀⠀I got there still feeling nauseous. The use of the teleporters didn't really help me get rid of that weird feeling either. I tried making my way to one of the water pools as quickly as I could but eventually my legs gave in and I fel to the ground. My vision started getting hazy. I could barely keep my eyes open but then the whole world went blank.

"Hello?"