Ⅱ.『 Forever by your side 』

Modern AU. 〔 Zoro x Luffy〕

He's been alone most of his life. Though, he never really intented to make friends or anything. Having a rather loving family was enough for him. He didn't really have the need to make friends or have a love life. He thought he didn't need them and that it was unnecessary in life. His only goal was to finish the university, get a well paying job and move out. 20 years old Roronoa Zoro, who is a 3rd year in Grand Line University lived a very quiet life. That is, until he met the person who changed his life. Who changed his opinion on friends. Who changed his opinion on love. Luffy.

Luffy is a very enthusiastic boy, 18 years old and in first year of university. Being very social and bumping into someone who wasn't very social, he had his self given duty to make friends with Zoro. Well, he actually just sticked to Zoro like slime and never left his side until Zoro gave in. The very first moment he had met Zoro, the boy already thought of him as a friend. It wouldn't be considered a meet, actually. Luffy was running around in the hallways looking for his brother when he bumped into Zoro all of a sudden. The accident made them both fall butt down on the floor. Zoro was.. well, he was very angry. Irritated. He didn't make a nice first meet at that time, sitting up, glaring at Luffy, mumbling something -probably swearing- and then leaving. Luffy, however, didn't mind that at all. Oh, no he won't ever mind. Instead he got up and followed Zoro, asking questions such as what his name was, what year he was, etc. He then started blabbing about himself. That went on for a while, as Luffy saw Zoro's classroom. He came back after the next class, running and bumping into Zoro again. But Zoro wasn't short tempered towards people he didn't know. Mostly. And he just met the boy, so he let him slide for the day. Oh, how wrong he was when he thought Luffy would leave him alone the next day.. Yeah, he didn't. For the whole week, Luffy didn't stop bothering Zoro. Anyone who knew Zoro would wish Luffy good luck. And they did actually, haha. There were two people, brothers probably, who came up to Luffy and wished him good luck with Zoro. Luffy didn't understand what that was, but didn't think over it. Not like he ever does.

The moment Zoro gave up was after 4th day when Luffy started talking about forming a pirate-like crew. Apparently, for the past days Zoro could tell the boy was interested in pirates and pirate life. So he wasn't quite surprised when the boy said that. What surprised him was that Luffy wanted Zoro to be his first mate. But, why though? Zoro didn't show any friendly behavior to him.. Actually, Zoro was very rude to Luffy. But seems, the latter didn't mind that.

Sighing, Zoro thought over just why the hell his luck was this bad. He was with Luffy, who was dragging Zoro along. They were going to a 'hidden spot for our crew', as Luffy stated it. Zoro was unsure how the boy was 18 years old. He acted and looked younger. And was very innocent, too. They ended up in an abandoned building, one that has three floors and doesn't look bad to be abandoned overall. It could be convenient, and didn't look like it would collapse at all. Ah- wait, why would that matter to Zoro? Right.. He was the first mate. As much as he wanted to decline, say that they weren't even friends, he actually liked the idea. He liked the enthusiastic boy, too. Luffy was so friendly even though Zoro was a complete jerk. It had been the two of them for almost a week, until Luffy announced that they will be having new friends joining in.

So, the next day Zoro went to the abandoned building on his own because Luffy went to get the newcomers. Zoro was much more okay with it now. He already has accepted the fact that he would have friends now. His first friend being Luffy. That day, Luffy came with two people. A ginger, short haired girl- Nami. And a black, curly haired boy who had a long nose- Usopp. Zoro deemed the two as okay, not really having any thoughts on how good characteristics could be. He didn't really think over that at all in the past. Not even as a child. Not that it mattered now.