1.2

"So what do you think? It's a great plan, no?" I ask Ariel who has her arms thrown around the beautiful marble statue that looks so much like Prince Eric. She floats there, completely disregarding all the flowers she used to take care of. They overgrew the paths until the place was a wilderness, and their long stalks and leaves became so entangled in the branches of the tree that it cast a gloomy shade. Many evenings and many mornings, whether I was with her or not, she'd revisited the spot where she had left the Prince. And each time, became disappointed as the prince no longer appeared at the church. 

"Yes

"Yes...yes!" Ariel agrees, swimming up to me. She grabs me and spins around happily. Brightening the once gloomy garden. She stops and asks, "But how are we to sneak away for so long?"

"Who said anything about sneaking away? If I knew your sisters, they wouldn't tell a soul. They can cover for us!" I state, reassuringly. Ariel smiles and agrees. 

Once evening hit, we had already informed her five sisters. All of which were willing to help with our plan. I guide Ariel to where the young prince is currently residing. His palace. It was built of pale, glistening, golden stone with great marble staircases, one of which led down to the sea. Magnificent gilt domes rose above the roof, and between the pillars all around the building were marble statues that looked most lifelike. Through the clear glass of the lofty windows, one could see into the splendid halls, with their costly silk hangings and tapestries, and walls covered with paintings that were delightful to behold. In the center of the main hall, a large fountain played its columns of spray up to the glass-domed roof, through which the sun shone down on the water and upon the lovely plants that grew in the big basin.

 In the center of the main hall, a large fountain played its columns of spray up to the glass-domed roof, through which the sun shone down on the water and upon the lovely plants that grew in the big basin

"This is such a splendid palace! Ooh, please tell me if you see him. I wish to see that he is fine!" Ariel says, swimming closer to the shore. 

I glance at my map, seeing that the prince is currently higher up the stream. "...Maybe we should swim through the narrow stream? He may be up there."

Without a second thought, Ariel does just that. We make our way under the splendid marble balcony that casts its long shadow in the water. Here, she stops once she sees the prince who seems to be holding a small, shiny object. He stares at it with much thought. The bright moonlight shines upon him, illuminating his whole body. Ariel seems to stop breathing when she lays her eyes on him.