Chapter 1

Lilian's POV

Lena and I are performing surgery on one of our patients who has lost an arm, while the rest of our team is out in our makeshift hospital ward patching up and looking after our other patients. Once we have patched up our patient, we wheel him back through to the makeshift hospital ward and wheel his bed back into its place. I see Father Gianni with Bujo, he tells him "Go on. Go and play. Go on." Bujo goes outside to play.

I look around and just wonder how we are going to help all these people. I then hear a car horn blaring while fast approaching. We quickly run out to see what was going on. When the truck stopped and Arthur stepped out, Lena said "Have you come from the city?" they answered "Yes. There's no more resistance. Murder is all over the place. Everywhere." Sister Siobhan interrupted him by saying "Doctor look. She's wounded."

Lena looks at the little girl and helps Sister Siobhan lift her and says," Let's get her inside. Prep her. I'll be right back." Sister Grace begins to take charge and says, "Right. You Gentlemen. Gentlemen, we need some help here. You, you, and you." Lena and I look at each other and reach the same conclusion with just a look, we need help asap. Lena and I both start running to get to the radio we have linked to the US Embassy. Lena grabs the radio and says, "This is Tango-Sierra-Alpha, calling U.S. Embassy. Tango-Sierra-Alpha, calling U.S. Embassy." A voice comes from the other end immediately and says, "This is U.S. Embassy. Who is this, over?" Lena then says, "This is Dr. Lena Kendricks at St. Michael's Mission."

The voice then says, "Is there any Americans there?" Lena then says, "I am an American. There are two Americans here but we all need help. We've been receiving the wounded for days." The voice says, "We're evacuating the embassy. The capital is in flames. Fighting has broken out over the country." Lena looks at me and says, "I know that. We need help." The voice says, "Where are you?" Lena starts to get agitated and says, "I told you. St. Michael's Mission, near Yolingo." The voice then says, "You must get to the border now." I then grab the radio out of Lena's hand and shout, "We cannot do that! We've got 70 people we're responsible for!" The voice then says, "Stay there. We'll get somebody out there to get you." I then shout, "When?! When?!"

Red's POV

On Ship

We are waiting for our briefing on our next mission when a soldier walks in and says, "Attention on deck!" We all jump to our feet. Captain Rhodes walks in behind the soldier and says, "As you were, gentlemen. Sit down." We all then relax and sit down as Captain Rhodes walks down to the front of the room. Someone then switches the light out as the projector is on. Captain Rhodes says, "Everybody get chow?" Everyone says, "Yes, sir." Captain Rhodes then says, "Okay."

Captain Rhodes then puts on his glasses and begins, "Now, intel estimates 5000 Yakubu troops scattered throughout this sector. They've taken over government armories and unfortunately, we have been supplying them for far too many years. In addition, the local militia are killing anyone who goes to a different church. All right, now, your prime objective is to find and extract Dr. Lena Fiore Kendricks and Dr. Lilian Beckett with International Relief Services. Dr. Kendricks is an American by marriage. Her late husband was Dr. John Kendricks. Dr. Beckett is also an American who has an impressive history. She was in the Special Task Force but quit after the torture and death of her brother. She has been working as a doctor going back and forth to Africa for 8 years now. So, if needed, I would use her as another member of your team. Your secondary objective is to extract two nuns and a priest who run a feel-good near Yolingo if they so choose to leave. St Michael's Mission, right here. You will halo over Cameroon and you will float into your DZ near the edge of the Mazon Rain Forest. When you get your package, you will proceed to your extract LZ Alpha. Our presence on the ground will be considered hostile. Questions?"