Chapter Three: Jenna and Brooks

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Sunday, 26th of December 2021

"What are you going to say? I know you already know, Echo,"

"Yes,"

~ Andromeda Tonks and Jenna DuBaer

  Evelyn DuBaer watched her granddaughter sleep in the early hours of the night. Jenna curled up in a ball, her phone rested next to her head, and her hands dangled from the mattress limply. She pulled her cover-up around herself, nearly hiding her face, but she could still see the steady rise and fall of her chest.

"Ev?" James called from the door quietly. "What are you doing in here?" He tip-toed to his wife and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"She's going to throw her whole life away." Evelyn whispered. "Marrying that boy at such a young age. She wouldn't even try that with us. Are these people really going to take care of her?"

James sighed, "I don't know, but I know our granddaughter. She's not going to marry him at eighteen. She will wait until she is ready, when the time is right. Then, and only then, will she marry him." He rubbed her arms gently. "A wedding isn't in our near future,"

  Evelyn turned into him and rested her head on his shoulder. Her migraine slowly faded at the comforting contact.

"We should leave before she wakes up and finds us staring at her," her head vibrated at his chuckle. He placed a hand on the small of her back and guided her to their room, which thankfully was next to Jenna's.

_______________________________

"Are you going to tell us your answer or not?"

  Draco drummed his fingers against the table impatiently. Jenna smirked as she sat down beside Astoria without answering her brother. Truth be told, she hadn't reached a decision yet. Her mind was made up before overhearing James and Evelyn in her room last night. Their conversation is making her ponder some things.

"Draco, leave you sister alone. She will tell us when she is ready," Pansy Parkinson stated, winking at Jenna before returning to her quiet conversation with Elliot. How hadn't he put a ring on her finger yet?

"What if I was going to tell you and your impatience scared me off?" Jenna teased. Her dark eyes filled with mischief as she took a drink of water.

"Nothing scares you," Draco narrowed his eyes, ready to continue the fight.

"Children, it is far too early for me to hear this much commotion." Narcissa sat down beside her daughter and sighed dramatically. "However, if one of you would like to scream and cry out with joy about certain news that is yet to be revealed, I wouldn't mind,"

"Nice try, Lady Malfoy." Astoria said. "at least, better than Draco's,"

"Still no answer?" questioned Lucius, taking a seat at the head of the table. Jenna shook her head no before standing.

"Where are you off to this early in the morning?" Evelyn grabbed her granddaughter by the shoulders, halting her escape.

"You know I can just poof out of here, right?" asked Jenna.

"You could, but you won't because you don't want to be disrespectful to your family," Druella said.

"I'm sorry, have you met your granddaughter?" Elliot laughed, especially after seeing a cloud of black smoke next to Evelyn. "and there it is,"

"I swear that girl has zero sense," James whispered. Abraxas coughed to cover his laugh and nodded in agreement.

_______________________________

  Jenna walked down the stone path and gently brushed her fingers against the roses. Brooks watched her movements with a smile, knowing how it relaxed her to walk through the garden.

"I imagine you have an answer or you wouldn't be here, Malfoy," He decided to break the comfortable silence.

She snickered, "Of course I have an answer. Your proposal was so romantic. It just swept me off my feet, which is why it's taken me such a short amount of time,"

"The sarcasm is unnecessary," Brooks glared at her. "seeing your entire family watching us freaked me out,"

"That's something you'll have to get used to,"

"I know, but—used to?" Brooks stopped in his tracks. Jenna smiled up at him and pulled her hands out of her sweater pockets. The engagement ring he saved up for was resting on her finger.

"My only question is, what happened to Daphne Greengrass? Why now?" her big brown eyes searched his blue ones. "I thought you no longer love me,"

"I never loved, even liked, Daphne Greengrass, Jen. I thought you would've known that. I never stopped thinking about you. When I saw you that day at your grandparent's manor, I wanted to do nothing more than kiss you,"

"Well, when we're married you can kiss me anytime you want," She grinned and bright red blush spread across her cheeks.

"What about before we're married?" Elliot asked, taking a small step toward her.

"I guess that's something you're going to have to figure out on your own,"

Elliot didn't wait a moment longer. He pulled her tightly against him and pressed a gentle kiss on her plump lips. Her hand tangled in his hair and pressed him closer to her. His hands slid under her bum and lifted her up so she could wrap her legs around his torso. It was the perfect moment.

"I don't suppose you could put her down before you drop her,"

Elliot nearly dropped her at the sound of Lucius Malfoy's voice. Jenna chuckled against him and ran to her mother. Narcissa Malfoy looked happier than he'd ever seen her as she pulled her daughter into a tight hug.

"Boy, are you in for it,"