Chapter 1

"Congratulations your majesty!"

The crowd in the capital yelled altogether, It was the official announcement and celebration of their beloved empress and her future emperor.

The well known magician of the black tower, he was often seen when the princess has tea parties with other ladies. It was only a matter of time when they realized their feelings for each other.

While they received blessings, a young man was still in his room laying in his bed staring in the ceiling, he had dark circles in his eyes. He is -or was formerly- known as the lord of soft charisma, Heir to the alpheus duchy, now he looks like he was deprived of sleep for years.

He was depressed knowing he can never express his love to the crown princess or even confess. The magician beat him to it.

He despises the magician but then again it was his fault for not confessing sooner. Maybe she would accept him, maybe he could've been hers, maybe they would be married, maybe he would wake to see her by his side, maybe-

But that future is gone. He took it away from himself, he was a coward. There wasn't any argument to that.

He didn't tell anyone that his mother is sick. She would've lived

He didn't tell anyone that jenette was anastasius's daughter not claude's. This could've help his cousin from ruining her reputation

He didn't tell anyone that anastasius was possessed by Aeternitas. The issue would've been solved easier and less brutal. Jenette could've had her real father by her side

He didn't tell jenette that her father was anastasius and she was not athanasia's sister. And she will never will be, he shouldn't had given false hope and just be honest to her

And everyone would have their happy ending, but no.

he hurted his cousin alot more than anyone.

He loved his cousin from his childhood and treated her like a little sister,

When she confessed to him, he didn't know what to say, I mean how would he? He didn't see her as someone he could love romantically, and besides he loved her.

He tried, he tried so hard to sugarcoat it to sound like he didn't love her romantically, she took it the wrong way and they haven't spoken since.

What's even worse a few days after that her father was 'executed' she begged the emperor and princess, The princess joined in and pleaded with her cousin, the emperor wasn't swayed, even when the princess pleaded he was sure of his decision.

He felt so guilty about it, he couldn't even attend the execution with jenette but his father said he needed to be there
Jenette felt so sick because of the execution that she was bedridden for a month.

It was his fault. He wished he told the emperor that it wasn't his brother but Aeternitas, it was just possessing his body.

He tried to comfort jenette like he would always do, but this time she would push him away or ignore him,
He understands of course, he knew his cousin from her birth in the duchy, he knew that she wished to meet her father and sister, brimming with excitement when it was time for the debutante.

All that only to talk to the princess and emperor for less than 5 minutes

Recently, jenette is more stable and has eaten with ijekiel and the former duke.
But it was the time when they were invited to the celebration for the engagement party for athanasia and lucas.

"Excuse me, Your grace, A letter has been sent by the palace" the three sit still idle, ijekiel asked the head chef to prepare jenette's favorite dish and desert to be served. jenette was just eating, uninterested. The duke was observing the two.