Part 3: Alina Hayat

"Get off me!!!" I yelled in frustration.

An unfamiliar and unusual warmth engulfed my body. The heat threatened to deprive me of any of the anger that was edging my words. I almost wanted to stay there and relish in the heat that radiated from beneath me.

"Actually, you're kind of on me, so right back at you," Matthew said with amusement twinkling in his eyes.

The cold returned almost instantly.

Ya Allah, I'm going to kill this dude.

"Well, I wouldn't be here if you had considered that I am not a railing for you to hold onto when you're falling," I said angrily to his smug face.

"Next time, before I fall unexpectedly, I'll let you know," Matthew replied, with mischief swirling in his eyes.

I never realized how nice-looking his face was. Like really nice looking. I mean, I wasn't blind; I know he was good-looking, and girls in our grade reminded him of that all the times they were swooning for him.

Besides our time in elementary school together and a few instances in high school, I had never really spoken to Matthew. I only knew that his best friend, Jackson, was an extreme asshole and narcissist basking in the glory of his excellence in physics.

Matthew, Jackson, and James were considered the "golden trio" by everyone in the closest surrounding area of our neighborhood. It was no surprise that Matthew was very handsome, not to mention that he was also very sweet and approachable. I don't think I had ever heard him yell at someone.

I just never took notice until I saw him up close.

His chiseled cheekbones complimented his light brown eyes. His eyes reminded me of the summer sun on a hot day. Strands of dark hair flicked on his forehead; I couldn't help thinking about what would happen if I pushed my hands near his head to move the aggravating strands of hair.

I couldn't keep the rage from erupting on my face as I realized his attractiveness. And he knew that.

Realizing the hands around my waist, I placed my hand on his hard chest and gave him a good shove, attempting to get back up.

"Ooompf," he struggled to say. Yeah, that's what you get for making me fall down, asshole.

And just as my luck would have it.

Just as I was about to get up, my hands slipped on the snowy ground that I was using to support myself, and I landed right back on his chest. This time, my nose landed directly in the middle of his chest. Laughter rumbled from beneath me.

I gritted my teeth and clutched my bruised nose in my hand, "I'm glad you find joy in my misery," I said angrily.