Chapter 19: Attornment

"They finally did it." You smirked as you watched, sitting on the other side of Wall Maria. As titans came, killing countless innocent civilians.

It took this long for your warriors to come and invade the island, but they did nonetheless.

As you soak in the deaths, this was always going to be the mission, but how were you going to complete the mission if you knew that you actually cared for some of these individuals?

"Please someone, anyone save me!" You heard in the distance, as you looked to see where that noise was coming from.

A middle-aged woman backed up to a wall as a titan slowly came up to her, but her legs wouldn't budge it was a fight or flight situation. But she didn't pick any of them instead she picked freezing.

As the titan grabbed her by the leg, she looked over to you noticing that you were a member of the Survey Corps, it seemed that she had hope in her eyes, but what did you do?

You'd kill the titan. You couldn't blow your cover now, it was still not time yet. The titan opened its mouth in preparation, as you grappled onto the legs of the titan, slicing its legs, as it fell crashing down, managing to catch the woman.

You were too distracted by the woman to notice the titan coming up behind you.

"Thanks for this assist (Y/N)!" Gelgar shouted aiming to slice the back of the nape.

"Wha-"

It seemed that Nanaba got to the titan first, slicing the back of the nape.

As Nanaba touched the ground it seemed that Gelgar wanted to clash with her, rushing straight at her.

"Tch that was meant to be my kill Nanaba." Gelgar scoffed.

"Come on, you'd think I'd let you catch up with me," Nanaba smirked at Gelgar, who was now raging on the inside.

You felt like banging your head on the wall after hearing the both of them talk, about their kills and assist as you separated both of them with your hands.

"Enough!"

Gelgar and Nanaba immediately looked towards you.

"As much as I like talking about kills and assists, titans have invaded, where are the others?"

"They're with Mike and wh-"

"WE CAN'T JUST LEAVE HER!"

All of our heads locked on to what was going on.

"Hey isn't that the boy that you were talking with not long ago?" Gelgar inquired.

"Eren." You muttered out, as you noticed an MP carrying both Eren and Mikasa away.

"That must be Eren's mother we have to help her!" Nanaba tugged on your cloak.

"Alright then let's go."

You all grappled towards Eren's mother.

"Nanaba, Gelgar lift her and bring her back to that MP now! I'll deal with titans."

You pulled out your blades for the impending titans to come.

"No, we're not leaving you behind! (Y/N) this is way too many titans for you to kill even for you."

"Yeah, she's right to let us fight, don't go being the hero all the time!" Gelgar pulled out his blades. "Shit, I'm out of gas." He muttered.

"This isn't a request it's an order! You're both out of gas I rather one of us die here, than all three of us die, and anyways I won't die that easy, count on it!"

As Nanaba and Gelgar lifted Eren's mother they noticed how many titans were coming your way, they seemed hesitant to go without you, as you glanced over your shoulder giving them a big smile as they left you to deal with these titans.

"11, 12, 13, 14, 15. . . 16 titans coming this way. . . If I don't kill them here, there's no way Nanaba and Gelgar will make it out alive with Eren's mother and plus they're out of gas. . ." You gave out a self-deprecating chuckle, as you noticed a titan who had a big simile on its facing coming towards you.

"I'm almost out of gas as well. Shit could today get any better? I should really go visit Frieda after this."

"Come at me then." You gave the titans a glare

WHOOSH!

(TIMESKIP) (No One's POV)

"C-Carla you're alive." The MP said to the women who were being supported by Nanaba and Gelgar to stand up as they were about to enter the ship.

"No need to be sorry. . . Thank you for listening to what I had to say, Hannes." She looked up at Hannes, at least he felt a bit more relieved that she wasn't dead, supporting her now instead of Nanaba and Gelgar.

"DAMNIT! We have to refill our gas and head back and help (Y/N)!" Gelgar began moving, but Nanaba held him back.

"He's dead! There's no way he survived, just look over there."

Gelgar looked over to see countless titans who had swarmed the area that (Y/N) was in. Gelgar looked defeated dropping to the ground.

"H-He can't be dead. . . that's just not possible. . . his the strongest one out of us all. . . he can't be dead," Gelgar muttered to himself.

"Why did he have to go all hero on us and save a couple of people, who are worth nothing to humanity. " He chuckled sadly.

It shocked everyone's core to hear this as Nanaba knelt beside him reassuring him that everything would be okay.

"I'm sorry. . . forget what I said-"

"W-What is that titan. . . it's sprinting." Nanaba looked over in the distance as a titan with armour began sprinting towards the wall.

BOOM!

"S-Shiganshina is in ruins, the gates broken, Wall Maria has been broken through. . . the titans are all in." Nanaba stuttered dropping her blades, as her hands began to shake.

"This is our darkest hour, we're doomed." Gelgar rubbed his face.

In terrified haste, the central government declared the outlier district a lost cause, and decreed all mankind to retreat behind Wall Rose estimated held nearly 10000 thousand lives were lost to the titan. One of them was (Y/N). Humanity's greatest soldier was presumed dead, although they never found his body.

If Humanity's greatest soldier was dead, what could humanity possibly due to combat the titans? Was there a true way of winning against the titans?

This really was as. . .

Attornment