Epilogue

Disha's essay:

Just Me and You

Common pronouns fail to provide common sense. No doubt you would have come across these words: me and you. Then why overlook the basic education we learned? 

'Feminism', a fad and motto of many these days, has taken a  toll not only on patriarchy but equity too. Contradicting its own definition( i.e., the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes) it is promoting sexism even more; only, in a different direction. People now, fearing they might be frowned upon, tend to favour women more in the name of 'feminism'. Some men seek sympathy asserting that feminists 'judge' them as patriarchal without any basis. The cases of misinterpreted feminism are countless. But isn't female favouritism nothing but 'insult'? Is being judgemental okay? Is it really 'feminism' that matters?

Our elementary education teaches us to infer each and every being as neither a man nor a woman but primarily and most importantly as an individual. And talking about the injustice women still suffer, feminism is definitely not the solution. Be it female infanticide, gender pay gap, violence, abuse, etc. All originate from the words 'man' and 'woman'. Even the usage of these words arises endless discriminations, followed by biased decisions. From my vantage point, the answer to sexism is not feminism. Individualism is. He or She is not the answer. We are. Let us be individuals, nothing less, nothing more.