Part ten

Me, Michael and ms. Mead went to a garden kind of place

"This place is so strange"
Michael whispered
"Why would the world's wealthiest 0.1% choose to wear so much flannel and Patagonia?"

"They think true power lies in not flaunting theirs. Idiots"
Mead said

"Well j just hope i can pry them away from their horseback riding and hot yoga long enough to convince them to help me"
Michael continued carrying the conversation

"You gotta be kidding me"
Mead stopped

"I'm just... I'm nervous"
He sighed

"Against all odds, you found your way to this place and to the brink of fulfilling your destiny. And those people in their are quaking in their overpriced boots because they know they're about to come face to face with true greatness. You're the one they're waiting for"
She monologued
"They all pledged their souls to your father and to serving you. And they're starving for you to show them the way"

"You're gonna be fine"
I assured him
"Me and Ms. Mead are here if you need any help"

"It's time to do what you were put on this earth to do. Destroy it"
She continued

Michael nodded, we walked into a room with people in black costumes lined up against the walls

Once Michael stopped at the front of a long table, everyone walked forwards and stood behind their seats

"Esteemed members of the cooperative. World leaders, tech giants, media moguls and cultural influencers. The rumours you've heard are true. My name is Michael Langdon and i am the Antichrist"
He announced, everyone in the room gasped and talked amongst themselves

Michael raised his hand to make them all quiet. A second passed and they all took their seats

"Humanity is at a crossroads. The world as it is today, the poverty, the hunger, the greed and war, it's no longer sustainable. The time has come to wipe the slate clean. Friends, it's time for the apocalypse"
Michael spoke

Everyone started talking again in excitement

"I understand your trepidation. But let me remind you that you are here because of the gifts bestowed upon you by my father. In return, you gave him your immortal souls. He owns you, therefor i own you"
Michael walked around the table, mead passed around some files. I stood where i was
"We speak with one voice and my demands are his. Now as you'll see from the handy guide provided by my associate, i do not intend to leave you or your families to die. When fire rains down on the unwashed masses, you and your families will be safely squirrelled away in a network of luxury fallout shelters. You already have the resources. You just bought land on New Zealand's South Island. You own half of Bora-Bora. The bunker underneath your ranch in Texas could easily fit 20 people"

I was getting bored, mead stood back next to me. Michael was trying to get the rich to make bunkers

A ticket costed $100 mil, i stood in shock. That was a lot of money

-

I sat in front of Michael in ms. Meads kitchen

"Are you sure you want to do this?"
I asked
"Do you not want me and ms. Mead with you?"

"This is necessary for the plan"
He nodded
"It won't hurt, i promise"

I sighed, i was gonna loose all my memories from the last couple months

"I've already wiped ms. Mead. Close to the 18 month mark, you'll be transported to outpost three where she is. I'll be there but you won't remember me"
He said
"But once i want you to have the memories back, you'll get them and remember everything. Even this conversation"

"I trust you"
I choked back my sorrow
"But I'm afraid that I'll die"

"You won't"
He assured me, placing his hand on my cheek
"You and mead are the only things that i care about. There is no way I'm loosing either of you"

I nodded

"I'm gonna do this now, you'll wake up in your home"
He explained