3.| Brunch

Today was Zora's official off day

Today was Zora's official off day. She doesn't give herself too many of those since she was a work alcoholic — not that she would admit that herself.

It was 2:05 p.m, it was bit of a routine to sleep in on her off days. She was in her kitchen making herself a late brunch. She was wearing a bonnet with an enormous sweatshirt on that was three sizes bigger than her.

She was bumping to music as she makes her pancakes. She was in a great mood. Her apartment was clean and not messy like it usually was.

"Cause if it isn't love? Why does it hurts so bad? Make me feel so sad, inside" she sings lightheartedly as she flips the pancake totally getting on her third time. She twirls around to put the pancake on the plate.

The teenager marvels at the stack of blueberry and strawberry pancakes. She had a whole lay out of breakfast items. She had a plate of bacon, hash browns, eggs, and a bowl of freshly cut up fruit.

"I think I went overboard...." Zora murmured to herself. She shrugs and went to cut off the stovetop before she forgot. She grabs her phone from the top of the fridge and pause her music. She sent a text to Riley that she made too much food. She place down her phone and start making herself a plate.

She sits down at her island table and begins eating her brunch. She got her planner paper out with everything she needed to get done for the month. She looks over it and wonders.

"I should place an order for more fabric....." Zora said looking through the amount of fabric she recorded in her journal. She was a bit low on taffeta and chiffon. She looks through other items she needed to place orders on.

"Isn't the point of having a day off is not to work?" Riley ask with a chuckle. She hugs Zora from behind and rest her chin on her best friend's shoulder.

"It's not technically working. I'm just ordering things for work" Zora said realizing how wrong that sounds out loud, but she wasn't going to admit to it.

"That still sounds like work to me" a voice from the door. Zora glances back at the voice with her usual resting bitch face. She sees the four boys who has been causing trouble in the palm woods resort since they were able to stay. She believes the one who spoke was Kendall.

"Oh I forgot to mention I brought some guests. You remember them right?" Riley asks stealing a piece of bacon from Zora's plate. She nibbles on the bacon, not noticing the particular look of adoration from somebody in the apartment.

"I think so....Kendall, Logan.....James, and Carlos" Zora snaps her finger when she finishes naming them.

"Correctamundo" Logan said with a nod and wink. This response made Riley sigh dreamily at Logan. Before she was caught, Zora pinch her out of her trance.

"Thanks for the save" Riley whispered. Zora just nods in acknowledgment. She didn't show it, but she was proud she got their names right after meeting them once.

She's been so busy with work that she couldn't leave her apartment for the last two weeks, which is why she's on a much needed day off. "You guys can come sit down and eat. I've made enough for everybody I think."

"YES FOOD" Carlos cheers and was the first to sit down; ready to eat. Riley chuckles at his enthusiasm.

The other boys complied and pull chairs up to the island table. Riley sat in the seat to the left of Zora while Kendall takes the one on her right.

"Let me get you guys some plates and silverware" Zora hops off her stool to go to her cabinet. She walks to her black and white cabinet and opens it to pull out five plates.

From the table Kendall was taking in her appearance. Zora had on her black bonnet with a grey long sleeve oversized sweatshirt that reach mid thigh.

His eyes trail down to the exposed part of her legs.  They were long, almost like an athlete's. Her skin look absolutely smooth. Before he can take them in greater detail, he looks away feeling his face go hot.

He looks over at James and Carlos only to see them smirking at him. Obviously they saw him ogling at Zora. He quickly looks over at Logan and Riley who were talking amongst themselves. He quickly gets up to help Zora with whatever she needed.

When Zora grabs the plate,  she turns to only see Kendall behind her. It didn't look like it but she was quite startled by his sudden appearance. He gives her a puppy smile.

"Do you need help with anything? I'd feel bad having you get us plates and we just sitting around" Kendall states sheepishly. The girl notices that the tip of his ears was red, but decides to dismiss it.

"Since you wanna be useful grab you guys some cups. You guys want coffee or some juice?" She asks with a shrug and hands them each a plate.

Kendall hands out the cups to the boys not before giving James and Carlos a slight glare when they made kissy faces at him when Zora wasn't looking at them.

"Juice/ Juice is fine/ Juice please/ mango juice" They all replied which makes her nod. She gets a pitcher of juice out that had fruits in it and mango juice for Riley.

"I'll take coffee" Kendall chip in which got a look from everyone but Zora. The boy trio never saw Kendall pick coffee over juice and from what Riley heard she knew he wouldn't do that.

"Really? Want some creamer with it?" Zora asks with her eyebrow raised. He didn't look like the type to like coffee. He leans against the counter with his back facing his friends to look at Zora.

"Yup" he said popping the 'p.' When Zora turns around to make him a cup of coffee, he heard a distinct sound he knew too well.

"Whop-eesh" the group behind him made a whipped sound which made him give them a slight glare.

His glare didn't phase them in the slightest. All of them mouthed how whipped he was.

"Here you go" Zora exclaims and he quickly turns to her with a smile as if he wasn't silently cursing his friends out.

"Thanks" he takes a sip of the sweet warm coffee. It was actually very nice and surprisingly suite his taste. "This is really good." He looks down at her staring at her face for a bit. He was taking in every detail he could before his staring got weird.

"Oh you're welcome" Zora said softly. She was glad he enjoyed it, hopefully everyone enjoys the food. When she looks over to the other she saw them eating the food eagerly. She wasn't even sure when they put food on their plates, but she was happy that they were enjoying it.

"You might wanna eat something before they consume everything" She points out to Kendall which broke him out of his trance. He shakes his head a bit before looking over at what she saw.

"Don't eat all the bacon" he rushes over to fix himself a plate.

Don't forget to comment and vote. Check out meh other books. I might update my kickin it book