Five

We fell asleep on the couch that night. I woke up, alone on the couch. I sat up and looked over to the kitchen to see Sam cooking. I also heard the shower on and assumed he was there.

"Cmon get up." I heard Sam call from the kitchen."We're seeing Zemo today."

"Im sorry what now?" It shocked me. I didn't know we were.

"Yeah we discussed it this morning, now hurry up."

•~•
Berlin, Germany

"He's just through that corridor." The guard said dropping us off.

"Alright. Give us a sec." Bucky responded. "Im gonna go in alone." 

"What? Why? Do you think I'm too vulnerable? I've had just as much experience with him as you have." I protested.

"Yeah, and why can't I?" Sam added in.

"You're an Avenger, you know how he feels about that."

"It's not like you two are known for frolickin' in the sun together." Sam countered.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together. Trust me. I got it."

"WE got it." I say walking to the cell door.

"Riley-" Buck said catching up with me.

We got in to see a small cell behind glass. Zemo sat on the bed.

"Longing." He started.

I tensed alittle.

"Longing."

"Rusted."

"Seventeen."

"Those days are over." Bucky said.

"I know. I just wanted to see how the new you reacts to the old words." Zemo said stepping closer to the glass. "Something is still in there."he paused. "Atleast you were not conscious for most of your imprisonment."

"That time wasn't exactly a picnic." I said finally making eye contact with him.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry. It was never personal. You were simply a means to a necessary end." He finished.

"Someone recreated the super-soldier serum." Bucky said. Zemo looked up shocked.

"We need to find out who." I added in.

"You are assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate. Lucky for you, I know where to begin." Zemo said coning close.

"What book you reading?" I said peering over.

"What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo outta jail? Where the hell are we Riley? Buck, have you lost your mind?" Sam said as we walked through a flashlight lit garage.

"We have no leads, no moves, nothing." Bucky explained.

"What we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars." Sam countered.

"And we also have eight Super Soldiers that are loose." I added in.

"Zemo's gonna mess with our minds. Especially yours. No offence." Sam said.

"Offence." Both me and Bucky said. Bucky turned the garage light on.

"Super Soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he has a code." I say leaning against a car.

"Yeah. Ive been in the wrong side of that code and so have you. He blew up the UN, he killed King T'Chaka and framed you guys for it. Did you forget that? You think the Wakandans forgot about it?.. it's a rhetorical question. They didn't. I know why this matters to you, but its pushing you, especially her, off the deep end." Sam said.