NINETEEN

"Got room for one more?"

Jungwon whips his head behind him to make eye contact with the voice behind him.

"What the fuck?"

"Wow not even a hi? That's kinda rude."

The boy sat down next to him, his eyes smiling at Jungwon.

"Who are you again?" Jungwon questions, the boy seems familiar. He can't know who because of the boy wearing a mask.

Why cant he remember who he was? Why did the voice sound so familiar?

The boy grabs his chest at pretend heartbreak, making a exaggerated expression.

"Ouch I didn't think that hurt me as much as it did."

Jungwon frowns, "you haven't answered my question. Who are you?"

The boy pulls down his mask and smiles. Jungwon's eyes widen.

"Niki..."

"Bingo!" Niki does jazz hands further confusing Jungwon.

"How did you find me?"

"I actually saw you pacing through the store like a maniac and I have nothing else to do as Sunoo is with his boyfriend right now so.."

Jungwon watches Niki play with the bottle cap of his drink, he couldn't understand him.

He seems so happy yet so sad.

"Do you miss him Niki?" Niki looks over to Jungwon, his expression unreadable as he stares gently into Jungwon's eyes.

He smiles sadly. "I miss having someone to worry about Jungwon."

Jungwon's heart broke at his words, he knew what he felt then. That's all he's felt for the last couple of weeks with Sunghoon.

A part of Jungwon feels something towards the boy in front of him. Was it pity? Was it something fate decided again? He had no idea.

All Jungwon knew was that he wanted to be there for Niki at least.

"What about the guy you were seeing Jungwon? Are you two doing okay?"

Jungwon's heart sinks. He doesn't even notice that he was crying until he's enveloped in a warm hug from Niki. Placing his head on his chest he cries, crying out of the pain of failed love.

Niki holds him close, whispering loving words while gently rocking them both back and forth, his actions gradually soothing the weeping boy in his arms

He sighed, why did life had to be so rough for them? It wasn't fair. Jungwon didn't deserve to cry, he didn't know what happened apart from what he overheard from his and Sunoo's conversation a week earlier.

"Don't worry about him anymore okay? Let's worry about other things. Like what food we're going to have."

Jungwon looks up at Niki puzzled. "Huh?"

Niki laughed at his expression. "Well I can't leave you out here can I? I'm taking you back with me and we're gonna have something nice to eat. And you can't say no cause I refuse to let you sleep outside."

Jungwon can't even get a complaint out before he's hoisted up from the ground and his already being moved. Niki holding his bag as he drags Jungwon to his home.

The cold night wind blows through Niki and Jungwon, Jungwon shivers. He hadn't prepared to freeze tonight.

Niki notices how quiet Jungwon has become, looking over he sees him trying to say warm, almost trying to keep his mind focused on something.

Niki stops, placing Jungwon's bag on the ground, worrying Jungwon. Niki smiles at him before he takes off his jacket, placing it over a shivering Jungwon.

The feeling of warmth is immediate, Jungwon sighed as he felt his body relaxed. He looks at Niki who's smile only widens when their eyes meet.

"You're sure you're not going to freeze?" Jungwon worried. Niki shakes his head.

"I don't get cold easily. I could just hug you for warmth again."

Niki winks at him making Jungwon laugh as he feels his cheeks warm up.

Niki gets Jungwon's bag and resumes walking, making Jungwon waddle to get to him as Nikis Jacket was practically eating him up.

"You can't just walk off like that! What if I get stolen?" Jungwon scolds.

Niki smiles at him gently before he leans into Jungwon. "I'll keep you safe won, you don't need to worry about a thing okay pretty?"

Jungwon's cheek glow with a bright pink, caught off guard by Niki's words.

"O-okay.." Jungwon could only stutter out a word, his brain short circuiting no matter how hard he tries to say something.

Niki softly chuckles at the flustered Jungwon next to him.

Walking throughout the cold dark night, both boys feel the warmth of each other radiating from each other, the world around them peaceful. 

Niki looks over at Jungwon once more. He wasn't sure about before but now he's certain.

He wants to keep Jungwon with him from now on, he would give him everything he's ever wanted and more.

Feeling Niki's gaze Jungwon looks over and smiles at him, the fire in his heart only warming up meeting the taller's gaze. His lovesick eyes.

Niki smiles in return, reaching down to lace his fingers with Jungwon's. Smiling more as Jungwon swings their interlocked hands in the wind.

Jungwon could only be filled with a joy like no other.

He was going to start a new life with Niki, someone who's already given him so much love and faith in life again, his positive spirit radiating onto Jungwon, healing his broken soul.

Maybe Jungwon was able to have a happy ending after all.

♥︎ ♡︎ ♥︎ ♡︎ ♥︎
A cute small update for today :)
This was so cute and adorable omg I loved writing it
Have a good day/night lovely people
<3