𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨

"I know I have to tell them." Melody sighed.
"You leave tonight Melody, you have to go tell them now." Melody looked up at Brett with tears in her eyes.

"If I tell them then they will be devastated, the last time I left was when Allison and Aiden.... and when I did leave the look on their face made me want to stay, even if being here at the time made me depressed and I was only gone for 2 weeks. Just think about what there faces are gonna look like when I tell them I'm leaving for who knows how long."

Brett's face softened before he walked over and pulled Melody into his chest and he rubbed her back while she cried into his chest.

"But think about how they will feel if you just up and leave without telling them anything." Brett pulled back a little bit and made her look at him.

"Okay, I'll tell them now." Melody whispered. "Good, now go get changed because I don't think you want to tell them in your pajamas do you?" Brett grinned when he successfully got a giggle out of her.

"I suppose not." Melody pulled away from Brett and walked to her closet, grabbing clothes and a towel before she walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

------------------------

"Hey Melody, what brings you here?" Deaton glanced up at her with a confused look on his face before he looked down at the Siberian Husky on the operation table.

"I came to tell you something very important." She walked over and stood next to him while she played with the ring on her finger nervously.

"Oh, well, do tell. Can you hand me that vial please?" Deaton pointed to the vial on the table next to Melody, making her nod and hand it to him.

Deaton opened the vial and filled a syringe with a needle at the top before he injected it into the dog's leg, making her whimper.

Melody immediately started to pet the dog to bring her some comfort. "Umm, I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm leaving town for a little while and going to Mystic Falls to grab my niece then we are going to go to New Orleans." Deaton immediately looked up at her then set the now empty syringe down on the table.

"You're leaving? Why?" Melody sighed before she looked up at him with sadness in her eyes.

"My niece called me on Sunday and she told me she needed my help. I can't tell you what because it's not something for me to tell anyone but she needs my help and I told her I would be there at the end of the week." Deaton quickly figured out the day in his head.

"It's the end of the week today so that means..." He trailed off making Melody give him a sad smile and nods her head, "I leave tonight." She mumbled before she looked back down at the Husky on the table.

"I'm gonna go give those people back their dog then we are going to talk, okay?" He asked/told her, making her nod and mumble a 'yes'.

Deaton walked over to the entrance of the back room before he whistled and snapped his fingers, making the Husky look over at him and get up and walk over to him.

Deaton gave the dog a pat on the head before he walked to the front with the dog following him.

Melody waited for Deaton to come back for about 5 minutes before he walked back in, "Why didn't you say anything before?"

"Well, there was a whole bunch of stuff going on so there wasn't really any good time I could tell you or anyone really." She told him, but Deaton could tell it wasn't the full truth.

"What else?" Deaton told her, making her look up at him with fake confusion. "What do you mean?" Deaton gives her a look.

"I know you, Melody. You don't care if there is an appropriate time to tell people things most of the time unless there is another reason, that's one of the things all of us admire about you. You will call anyone out on their BS or tell them what you think about them and tell people if something is going to happen even if it's not the right time to say it. So, let's try this again. What else?" He told her making her give a small groan and mumble something about 'Stupid observing people' and 'Why do they have to observe and call me out?'.