Chapter 2

"Sooooo?" sang Nojiko.

"So?" Nami repeated questionably.

"So what do you think of Luffy? He's pretty nice, right?"

"...Yup."

"He's pretty cute too, right?"

Nami deadpanned. "You know, honestly I feel like I should be the one asking the questions here." she smirked.

She raised a brow quickly at Nami before turning her attention back to the road. "What do you mean?"

"So that 'super hot guy' you were talking about is Ace huh? You never told me you were in love with your best friend of all people."

Immediately she tensed. "Who? Me? Tch... I'm not in love."

"Sure, Nojiko, sure. Go ahead and lie straight to your little sister's face then." Nami playfully chastised.

The woman groaned in annoyance and felt her grip on the steering wheel tighten."Really? We're guilt tripping each other now?"

"Yup, we started doing that after apparently withholding important information from each other too." Nami giggled and playfully stuck her tongue out, humming the motion.

Hearing her little sister, she sighed deeply, knowing she wouldn't be dropping the subject."...Alright Nami, alright you win. Yes, I may or may not be... in love with Ace."

"Nojiko!" Nami scolded.

"Alright! I'm in love with him!"

For as long as Nami could remember, Nojiko was always there. She always did so much for her, whether it was being there for her emotionally, or cooking and working to help support them physically, she was always there. Nojiko was her rock and she looked up to her older sister in more ways than one.

So was Nami internally jumping for joy at this newfound revelation?

You bet she was!

Nojiko was honestly the most selfless person she knew and wished only nothing but happiness for her. She deserved the world.

"Since when?"

"Honestly, since day one."

Nami turned dramatically in her car seat to face her sister."You're telling me you've been in love with Ace for the past two years now and you guys are still just friends?"

"Well, when you put it that way..."

She raised a palm up to her forehead in utter disbelief."Nojiko! You both are obviously in love with each other! Why haven't you said anything to him?"

Nojiko's eyes widened slightly. "Wait, what? Ace just thinks of me as his best friend, he doesn't love me like that."

"What on earth makes you say that? Has he ever told you flat out that you both were just friends?"

"Well... I mean not necessarily but-"

"Ohhh, I see what's going on here. You both are too oblivious of each other's feelings. Got it." Nami spat, cutting Nojiko off.

"H-hold on a minute, you think Ace is in love with me?" she asked, hope bubbled in her chest which made it apparent in her tone.

Seriously?

Nami sweat dropped.

Nojiko was usually sharp and quick-witted when it came to the topic of love when it involved other people, but herself?

Man, was she as clueless as can be.

"Nojiko, seriously? At one point, it felt like it was only you and him in the room. It was something right out of a cliché chick flick."