A Bakery Kid Into A New World (1)

"You guys got me the game?!" Exclaimed an excited 16 year old Blaine. It was his birthday, and the game and console he had asked about so he could join his friends was just revealed from the wrapping paper.

"Well, it was hard work to save up for it, but we wanted you to have fun with your friends. And this is a good gift to show how proud of you we are that you got into a prestigious high school because your good grades got you a scholarship." Blaine's father explained, grinning down at his son while he rubbed the back of his graying head of hair.

"You guys are the best!! I'm going to work so hard just to show how happy this makes me! Ah, Miss Papita is going to love the muffins today!" Blaine happily carried the only gift he got for his birthday upstairs to the room he shared with his little brother before rushing back downstairs to join his older sister in making delicious baked goods. He was going to make his family so proud one day! Even though he doesn't realize he already has from the day he was born.

>-<

"You did so great today, Blaine! Everyone loved the extra care you put into the muffins. Honestly, I was scared we were going to run out of them." Blaine's mother gushed, smiling at her son over the dinner table while putting food onto the plate of her eldest son. A son who groaned but smiled indulgently at his mother before looking over at one of his younger brothers.

"Happy birthday, Blaine. Sorry I couldn't be here this morning to watch the gift unwrapping, but my boss called me in extra early." The eldest son said, finally digging into the delicious food his mother made for their happy family.

"It's okay, big brother! I knew how much you likely helped with the gift. Thank you again! I can't wait to play it later. My friends will be so happy that I get to join them." Blaine responded before he happily dug into his yummy food as well. Conversation around the table lulled into happy undertones of what everyone wants to do on their free Sunday before they soon all went to get ready for bed.

>'<

Blaine had rushed through his nightly routine just so he could finally try out his new game and console, which was the newest and most popular vr like online game. Unlike vr, you don't have to be awake for it, and it's more like it transports your consciousness into the game while your body sleeps. They have alarms and warnings included for sleeping purposes just for the workers of the world, too! It was a great game for him because he had school for most of the week and worked in the bakery with his family for all of his free time. So playing while he sleeps is the best thing ever! And his friends can play with him!

With his little brother still getting ready for bed, Blaine started opening the game box. It was a quick setup, and Blaine happily snuggled under his bed covers with the console in his hands. It looked like one of those blindfolds people use for sleep but without the stretchy back strap. Instead, it had two tiny pads connected to cords that Blaine had to attach to the back of his head.
Once Blaine was ready, he tapped the back of the console on his face and closed his eyes. As he relaxed into sleep, the console started up and took his consciousness inside its game system.
It started with a black view. Then...

Starting up character creator...

...

Start-up complete!

Pick your class:
Ranger
- Archer class
Druid
- magic class
Fighter
- physical class
Wizard
- magic class
Rogue
- Stealth class
Beast Tamer
- monster class
More...

You picked Beast Tamer!

Pick your starter beast:
Char Wren (Fire based)
- small fire bird
Leaf Gecko (Wood based)
- small green lizard
Cloud Fish (Water-based)
- small flying fish

You picked Char Wren!

Would you like to name it?

You named your Char Wren "Blaze"!

Starting up world...

...

Startup failed.

...

Wait... Start-up failed? I'm not supposed to fail!

Looking for cause...

...

Cause found.

Malicious code?! Who ruined me?!

Uploading data to news stations...

Situation uploaded. Populace and creators warned.

...

The player is still here... Initiate new Celestial update?

Updating...

Woah, what an upgrade! This will be fun. Hey, wait, Analysis is right. You're still here. Uh... Let's use this new stuff of mine. Don't worry, buddy. You'll be all better soon!

Initiating Good Karma reincarnation...

...

Reincarnation initiated! Have fun!

"... What just happened? Where am I??"