Alex Bowman- You Deserve the World

She drove her car out of the small town, not looking back. She didn't care to. She was the black sheep of her family, though no one wanted to admit it. She knew leaving would be the best. She wouldn't be hated like she is, she would get to meet new people, possibly someone to love, nothing she could find back in that small Kansas town.

She drove the long way to Charlotte, NC. Once she reached her apartment building, she got her key from the desk, and headed upstairs. She stepped in the elevator sporting a Hooter's sweatshirt, and some sweatpants. She got off the elevator and got to her apartment, and she did as much as she could to make it homey. Tomorrow she'd go to Target before going to the same job for the same company, just a different franchise.

******

She wore sweatpants and a hoodie over her uniform, and walked into Target, getting certain things for her apartment to make it more homey. After her Target adventure, she headed to the restaurant.

She walked in, and already hated the vibe this Hooters restaurant had let off. It definitely was no Kansas Hooters.

Through out the night, she was called names by the other girls, and bosses. She rolled her eyes, and walked over to the table of NASCAR drivers. She recognized them as Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, William Byron, Alex Bowman and Bubba Wallace.

"Hey I'm Gemma, what can I get you guys to drink?" She asked.

They all ordered, she went and got their drinks.

Alex Bowman couldn't help but keep staring at her. "Bowman you good?" Chase asked. Alex smirked, "Yeah, fantastic," He replied.

Gemma walked back over with the drinks and set them down. Then she took their orders, got the orders in, and waited on another table. "Gianna you've got another table!" Her boss, Miranda called over to her. "It's Gemma, I've told you this like twenty times," Gemma replied, then walked over to the table.

She took the orders and then eventually made it to grab the NASCAR drivers' food, then brought it back to their tables.

"Gianna you're too slow,"

She was tired of being treated like shit, she was tired of being treated like a toy. The NASCAR drivers' were the last of her tables, and they were getting ready to leave. Another party walked in.

"Gianna you're turn for another table!" Miranda said.

"You know what? No. I've been here one fucking day, not even, and you've treated me like absolute shit. I'm fucking done. Give it to Brittany."

Gemma walked back to the breakroom, grabbed her stuff and walked out in her uniform. "And my name is NOT Gianna!" She exclaimed, walking out of the building in the Hooters tank top and shorts, knowing she wasn't supposed to, but she didn't care.

She walked over to her Chevy Camaro and unlocked the door.

Chase, Ryan and Alex stood there shocked. Bubba's jaw was dropped and William looked pissed.

Gemma got in her car and started it up, and it was loud. "Damn the girl's hot and has a badass car," Alex said.

@gmoretti9: If y'all wanna go work for Hooters, DON'T absolute trash company to work for.

***

She drove back to her apartment building and walked in the building, she walked into her apartment, put her bags from her Target trip down earlier, popped open the bottle of Jack Daniels and took a long drink.

She checked her e-mail and screamed when she saw the e-mail saying she got the internship with Hendrick Motorsports.

She would be starting tomorrow morning.

***

After showering, and throwing on some business-casual clothing, Gemma left the apartment building, picked up some Dunkin coffee and headed to Hendrick Motorsports. She walked in and told them her name.

"Gemma Moretti?" A familiar voice asked. Gemma looked up and saw Kyle Thomas, her ex-racing coach from when she was a kid. Yes she used to race, but never thought she was good enough to move on.

"Kyle Thomas? Holy shit how are you?" Gemma asked. "I'm great," Kyle replied. "I heard your name being brought up at one of the meetings. You're doing PR now?" Kyle asked. Gemma nodded, "I quit racing ARCA after last season, crew chief told me I didn't have what it takes," She sighed. "Um that's a lie, you won seven races last season," Kyle replied.

Gemma shrugged, "I'd love to race again, but I really like PR,"

"C'mon, I'll introduce you to Jeff Gordon and Rick Hendrick,"

They walked into a conference room, and she saw the legendary driver, Jeff Gordon, and the legendary team owner, Rick Hendrick.

"Jeff, Rick, this is Gemma, the ARCA driver I was telling you about," Kyle said. "This is exactly who we thought it was. Gemma, it's nice to meet you, now tell us why you quit racing?" Jeff asked.

Gemma took a deep breath, "My crew chief told me I wasn't good enough..."

"Good enough? Gemma, you won a championship two years in a row, we think you're worthy of a NASCAR national series ride, and while we don't have an Xfinity team, we've been in touch with JR Motorsports, and they want you on their race team."

******

Gemma walked out of the conference room, and headed out with Kyle, who would be her crew chief over at JRM.

"Whoa, you're the girl from Hooters who told the boss off," Alex Bowman said. "Oh, yeah, I am." Gemma replied. "So what brings you to HMS?" Alex asked. "Came in for a PR internship, and they're sending me over to JRM for an Xfinity ride." Gemma smirked.

"Gemma? Wait Gemma Moretti? Two year in a row ARCA Champ? Damn girl why'd you quit racing?" Chase Elliott asked. "She listened to her crew chief, who told her she'd never amount to anything," Kyle told them.

"Excuse me? Who's the crew chief? What an ass!" William said.

Somehow Alex convinced her to give him her number before she left.

*****

She got to meet Dale Earnhardt Jr, and she was on cloud nine, but knew it was time to put on her business face.

"Well, we'd like to officially welcome you to JRM, if you need anything you've got our numbers," Kelley smiled. "Thank you, this is a dream,"

****

Three months into racing, she was officially dating Alex Bowman, and the two stayed in his motor home at races, and they'd go back and forth between her apartment and his house while in the Charlotte area.

****

"So Patrick, your spotter, is out this weekend, for a family emergency. Your spotter this weekend is going to be Clint Bowyer." Dale told Gemma.

Gemma was all for it, Clint was hilarious.

****

"So we're taking a trip to Victory Lane today, right?" Clint said over the radio as the drivers were doing their warm up laps behind the pace car.

"That's the plan, Stan," Gemma laughed. "Gotta get one for Jr!" She said.

"Hey! My name ain't Stan!" Clint laughed.

****

"The 54 is out of fuel! Pass him, and you've got it." Clint said.

Gemma passed Ty Gibbs to win the race at Talladega.

"YESSSSS! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!" Gemma cheered over the radio.

"Fantastic driving Gemma!" Dale Jr. said over the radio.

She finished her burnout, drove to victory lane, and got out, celebrating with her crew. She jumped down from the car, did an interview, and Alex walked over to her. "Great driving, beautiful," Alex smiled, and kissed her. She kissed back, they didn't care that people saw.

Now the media was all:

@NASCARonFOX: Moretti wins Talladega

@nascarcasm: .@alex_bowman and @gmoretti9 are dating?! Damn get it my guy!

*****

She recieved texts from her family members, but ignored them. "If they couldn't pay attention to me when I was at home, then they don't deserve to hear from me now," Gemma said. Alex smirked, and kissed her neck. "You deserve the world, baby girl,"