2. Anne the Hero

Fifteen years later

Anne's POV

I never felt this good before. It feels like my life has been completed, but not just yet. There's one thing missing and that is me being a God Knight. Crazy, right? Who would've thought a hero like me hasn't become a God Knight. It's quite ridiculous In people's opinions. I don't blame them. I've been working for King Andrias for over five years now.

I started right when I turned eighteen. That guy didn't waste any time to send me a letter and asked if I am willing to be a knight and do missions for him. Obviously, I took the offer and began working right away. It started off with delivering messages to saving a town full of citizens from evil monsters. That's what led me to become a hero. Even my own home town was in danger when a few giant, green mantis tried to attack my neighbors.

Not a lot of people were fond of other knights no matter their status. Some would be greedy and use their rank to order people around, making them uncomfortable or scared. An example would be Sasha. Don't get me wrong, Sasha is my best friend, and I deeply care about her. But most of the time, she tends to be bossy when we help others. People prefer me to handle things rather than her. I do my best to tell her to be polite, but she doesn't listen.

Anywho, my powers have grown over the course of years. I started out small and worked my way to the top as much as I could. The Plantars helped me out gain full control and strength of my magic. They, too, have magic. Hop Pop doesn't use his as much now that he is seventy-seven. Polly and Sprig both had their powers at the age of nine. They even managed to get the same ability which is being able to jump high in the air and bounce around.

With the help of my siblings, I pretended to be the hero and tried to capture them as villains with a little bit of my magic. Progressively, I've gotten better and quicker. Sasha and I had duels together with and without magic which resulted in me being the winner. I won't lie, she is a tough opponent. I had some struggles when battling each other. Neither of us held back, that's for sure.

Currently, I'm here with my old man who's still pursuing his life as a farmer. He really does work hard to provide, and because of him, I wouldn't be here. When I started working for King Andrias, I saved up enough money to buy a new and nice looking stand for Hop Pop. Let's just say he almost had a heart attack. Besides that reaction, he was extremely happy.

"Dang HP. What is that smell?" I plugged my nose, so I couldn't breathe in the stench.

I was inside our home doing chores when I came outside to see how Hop Pop is handling the cropland. Then, the smell hit my nose right away.

"It's those dang stink bugs that are trying to eat whatever they can out of my yard," Hopediah huffed in frustration.

"And where's Polly and Sprig?" I wondered where those two were.

"They're busy fighting off the stink bug," he pointed behind himself with his thumb.

I looked over his shoulder to see Sprig and Polly riding on top of a ten foot insect that's trying to get rid of the two. I see them punching and kicking the stink bug. It was quite a show to watch until the bug fell on its back, landing on Polly and Sprig. I quickly reacted by activating my magic and moved towards the insect at full speed. As soon as I got close to the bug, I used my right leg to kick it as far as I could. It flew towards the sky and disappeared down into the forest.

"Hi Anne! Thanks for the help."

I glanced down to see Sprig and Polly smiling up at me as if a bug wasn't trying to get rid of them a few seconds ago. They were covered in dirt and debris on their clothing and faces. I couldn't help but chuckle at the two.