Chapter 20- Hurt Again

Emmie's P.O.V.

I woke up to Matt's soft snoring, his arms tight around me his head buried in my neck. I smiled waking up to this was perfect everything I could have dreamed of. Slowly I unwrapped his arms kissing his temple softly he stirred a bit before rolling over and falling back to sleep. I stood and walked quickly to the bathroom shutting the door behind me. I turned on the water stripping from Matt's shirt and all my undergarments before sliding into the warm water. Washing quickly my body smirked fresh as I moved out of the shower drying off. My outfit consisted of skinny jeans and a sweater, summer was slowly going away bringing the chilly fall and cold winter.

Tangling my hair into a ponytail I walked out to wake Matt, I laid beside him running my finger down his cheek. He smiled softly his wolf purred softly. "I'm guessing you want me awake?" He questioned softly slowly opening his eyes.

I smiled looking down at his brown eyes I pecked his lips softly. "Well my intentions were to wake you up?" I smiled.

He growled and sat up the blanket falling off his body. He stood and left behind the bathroom for for a couple minutes before coming out and smiling. He wrapped his arms around me a grey t-shirt hung around him and a pair of jeans. He kissed my head softly, "What do you want to do today?" He questioned.

I pondered the question before smiling, "I want to run!" I giggled wrapping my arms around his neck. Ever since yesterday I shifted now I want nothing more than to run freely. A part of me had become free spirited.

"How about I help you with your wolf," he grabbed my hand pulled me from our room. We walked from the house into the woods and shifted.

"There you go baby girl," he smiled his wolf sheltering mine.

I smiled leaning into his soft fur, only a second if peace and happiness before I heard him. "Well look at the happy couple!" Vincent walked towards us arms crossed.

Matt growled pushing my wolf behind him. He snapped his teeth snarling and glaring. "Woah calm down puppy," Vincent laughed. "I'm not gonna hurt you, though the girl I have other plans."

Matt growled and jumped pushing Vincent to the ground. Vincent was able to push him off and shift running to my smaller wolf. He towered over me as Matt recovered strength flinging Vincent into a tree sneering.

Matt, I called to him as he watched Vincent circle us.

What baby girl? Are you hurt? he questioned looking at me a second.

No but he is, I pointed out his limp the bleeding ankle and Matt targeted it. He lunged at it latching his teeth on it weakening the wolf. Vincent let out a howl dropping to the ground as Matt towered over him. I turned my head not baring to see him kill him, my Matt kill someone the thought was impossible but he was keeping me safe. I didn't hear a whimper or bark in pain, I turned around and Vincent overpowered Matt biting into his stomach before he was kicked off. I gasped crying out, I shifted back to human and ran to him, fully dressed. I fell down on my knees in front of him blood spilling from his wound.

"Matt baby stay awake," I whimpered. He shifted to human yelling out in misery. Slashes on his stomach blood spilled from. Vincent got what he wanted a warning to give me to him, he left just as my parents and Sam and Cindy, Matt's parents arrived.

"Emmie," Mom ran to me pulling me from Matt.

"No I want Matt," I cried out trying to get away from her.

"Listen baby girl," Mom held my face with her hands. "Matt's gonna be fine he's gonna be okay!"

I cried watching as our fathers carried him away in pain and screaming for me. I bit my lip falling limp in my moms arms, there was so much blood it stained my hands. Cindy walked to me rubbing my back.

"My sons strong, he'll survive this. Let's get you cleaned up."

The trip back to the house was long and tiring. As we reached the house I could hear Matt's screams as they tried to close his wounds. I was pushed to the shower again and as I finished in fresh clothes Britt came running into the room.

"You poor thing," she pulled me into her arms her hands laying on my wet hair. "You can't ever get a break."

"I just want to see Matt," I whispered softly pulling back.

"He's knocked out know, they gave him something after they cleaned him up."

"Please I just want to see him," I begged looking from her to my Mother who just entered the room.

"Come on," I followed behind them down the stairs and the narrow hallway toward the room. They opened the door and there he was on a hospital bed bloodied and bandaged. He was asleep, I ran to him grasping his hand kissing his head.

"This is all my fault," I whispered my nose dug in his hair.

"No it's not," Lily walked in with Michael who held her close.

Dad walked in then and smiled softly at me. "He'll be okay just a healing process."

I smiled thankful pulling up a chair and sitting beside him. My hand stayed latched to his kissing his hand. "This can't keep happening," Bitt spoke up hugging Jackson. "This rogue is trying to kill them."

"What are we gonna do?" Lily asked, "He's tricky slick, how can we end this."

"We could move?" Mom suggested, "If we moved then he would have a harder time finding her. Giving us enough time to find him."

"That could work," Matt's dad spoke up. "But where?"

I didn't know where but I just needed somewhere safe. The whole night I slept in the chair even though everyone begged me to sleep somewhere comfortable. I didn't leave his side and I wouldn't, he never left mine so I'm not leaving his.

******************

Author Note...

Hey minion I am so sorry:(. This update took me forever I've been doing a million things and it completely slipped my mind I'm so horrible!! Thanks for reading it means a bunch.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Love You Minions!!