episode 1: bracelet.

﹛🌌﹜

a knock was heard on the door.

"gowon!" a voice said with knocks in between. "are you there?"

"gowon, you should probably go see that guy," jaewon, kang gowon's twin brother, whispered. "he keeps on knocking."

"shut up, shut up," gowon hissed and placed a finger to her lips with a grimace. "i don't wanna be seen with him around here."

"what? why? aren't you two friends?"

"you better keep your voice down, jaewon, or i'll rip your throat out of your neck."

"alright, fine!" jaewon rolled his eyes, hopping off the desk he sat on.

the two were in an empty classroom that they'd always go to at the end of each school day. gowon had dragged her brother here a few moments back before sunghoon could find her.

she could've let him be—he'd told her so and said he has places to be—but she was sure that the moment sunghoon finds him, he'll ask jaewon about her.

sunghoon and gowon are friends, but she just doesn't want to be seen with sunghoon around campus. she explained this to him, and he understands that she's afraid of judgement and wrong rumors circulating, especially because of his popularity in school. sometimes, though, he'd forget about that and try to interact with her.

the knocking stopped, and there was a prolonged silence as the two siblings glanced between each other and the door.

gowon scratched her nose with her finger as she shifted in her seat, and jaewon released a choked cough. the only sound heard was that of the air conditioner.

"gowon! i know you're in there! come on!" sunghoon shouted and knocked again. "come on! let's go home, i have to walk you and jaewon home, remember?"

jaewon snickered and glanced at his sister as she huffed and stood up. she opened the door and found sunghoon's lifted fist as he was about to commence knocking. he smiled and waved at jaewon as the younger boy waved him a greeting, then he focused on the girl in front of him as jaewon collected his and his sister's belongings.

"come on," he instructed in a soft tone. "we can go by the back. no one will see you, and you will see no one."

"why did that sound... highly.. poetic?" jaewon laughed as he handed hyewon her backpack and swung his arm over her shoulder. sunghoon smiled and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"let's go, we'll be late," he instructed, and gowon nodded then walked out the room. the two boys glanced at each other before sunghoon trotted to catch up with the skipping girl.

"gowon, are you mad?" sunghoon chuckled and held her hand. "come on, i didn't talk to you the whole day! just like you asked me to."

gowon couldn't help but notice the little crack in sunghoon's voice towards his last sentence.

"jaewon can prove that!" he exclaimed. "right, jaewon?"

the brother nodded and lifted a finger in sunghoon's direction.

"you were complete strangers for the whole day," jaewon said. "just like gowonie wanted to."