Chapter 22: What?

"Good evening, my lamb, are you finally awake?" A voice chimed
"Who's there?"
"Oh I'm not sure we're on a first name basis quite yet, beautiful" A hand ran along my jaw as they spoke
"We've had an eye on you for a little while now, Y/N." Another voice added
"Just cut to the chase, what do you want from me?"
"Us? Want something from you? Oh no, it's what we can do for you."
"We've heard overwatch took you in...why?"
"I-I don't know"
"Well there must be something special about you...some spark...fire in your soul"
"Look, I don't know what you're talking about"
There was a moment of silence and what sounded like one of the people nudging the other
"Come work for us."
"What? Wait, how do you even know about me?!"
"I think this question is mine to answer" a new, familiar voice chimed in
The voice sent chills racing down my spine.

My blindfold was pulled off to reveal Jason, his face softer than I remembered. A slight smile rested on his lips and he was kneeling down to be more at my level.
"It's so nice to see you again," he sighed.
I wanted so badly to form some clever retort but any semblance of words died on my tongue as he looked me in the eyes.
"Just come back, my love. I forgive you for your decision. I know they brainwashed you there."
"I-I cant..."
"Oh come on...dont you want to help take down those manipulators that tore us apart?"
"W-what are you doing?"
"I just want things to go back to normal, sweetheart. I've missed you."
"N-no you don't, you miss having someone you can just throw around. Th-thats not me."
"Oh no, darling, can't you see? Everything I did was to make you stronger."
"You're lying"
"I could never lie to you."
"But you have...so many times."
"I was trying to protect you. I never meant to hurt you."
"But you did"
"And I know that now. What I did was wrong, but I love you, Y/N"
"What?"
"I love you. Come back to me."
"No!"
The gentle smile quickly dropped from his face. He stood and looked back down at me before walking to the door. Everyone filed out. Before he left, he turned off the lights and said "I'm doing this for your own good. Call for me when you're willing to be reasonable."

The closing of the door brought complete and total darkness to the room.

I guess the fact he came back means he does really love me this time.
I mean...Tracer would come back for Emily...