Drabble - You're Beautiful [Jared Leto]

You slump down on to the floor and sob openly, surrounded by swimming costumes in all shapes and designs.

Jared had only been home five minutes when he walks in to the bedroom to find you wrapped in nothing but a towel with your knees curled up to hide your face.

"Baby..?" He frowns and sits himself down beside you. "...what's happened?" Looking around at the floor.

"I'm disgusting!" You almost yell but a sob breaks it off.

"No, no you're not. Never." Jared tries to wrap his arms around you only to be surprised when you push him away.

"Yes I am! 43 different swimming costumes.. 43!! I tried them all and none fit me! None make me look good!"

Jared watches you and stays quiet, knowing you needed to vent.

"...there is nothing out there that I can wear to the beach or the pool! It's bad enough I can't wear shorts or skirts..." You sniff and wipe your eyes angrily "...take Shannon on holiday with you. I'm not going!" You stand and grab oversized sweats and a hoodie, heading to the bathroom and then emerging a few moments later.

"Baby, I don't care if you wear a Victorian swimming costume that covers you from neck to ankle..."

"Fuck off Jared... I just wanted to feel good about myself!"

He sits on the edge of the bed "...I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to sound like I was joking," his voice is soft and quiet "the point stands. I don't mind what you wear, because no matter what you always look amazing... I know this isn't about what *I* think..."

"No! It's the fact no matter what I wear I..." You stop and roll onto your side away from him.

"What baby? ....tell me?"

You shrug "..doesn't matter." Mumbling.

"It does; it matters to you so it matters to me... Please?" Jared places his hand on your arm.

"...I always look terrible, beside you. I could wear the most expensive dress but stood beside you?" You shrug and shake your head.

Jared moves to lay behind you, pulling you close against him. "Sweetheart... You're stunning. First thing in the morning with messy hair and sleepy eyes... You're beautiful. In the most exquisite dresses... You're beautiful. In oversized sweats and my hoodie... You're beautiful... There is never a moment when you aren't beautiful... None of these fit you?"

He looks around "...then we have plenty of time to get Alessandro's lovely ladies to measure you up and get something designed."

"You don't have to do that." You whisper quietly.

"I want to. You deserve to feel good about yourself. We'll go on a shopping spree; anywhere you like - it's all my treat. If you wanna throw out everything and start over... That's what we'll do."

You bury your face in the pillow then feel Jared move to lay in front of you, his arms snaking around your body and holding you close.

"You're amazing and you deserve to feel amazing. Okay?"

You nod against him. "I'm sorry."

"Never be sorry... Never apologize for how you feel. It's okay." He kisses your head. "There's nothing about you I would change. Ever."

"Anyway... I really don't want to take Shannon on a romantic getaway? It would be... Awkward... Very awkward."

You sniff and chuckle against him "...okay... Thank you."

"Any time."