(Not-So) Silent Loving

Katsuki is in love with Izuku.

It was painfully obvious, actually. It turns out that spending all your free time obsessively thinking about your childhood friend is a very, very gay thing to do.

At first, when Kirishima had suggested that Katsuki might have feelings for Izuku, the redhead went to bed that night with the hair of his left eyebrow singed off.

As much as Katsuki hated to admit it, Kirishima was right.

The more Katsuki thought about it, the more it made sense. The way his ears would burn a bright red whenever Izuku would flash him a smile as stunningly bright as the sun herself, the way he found comfort in listening to Izuku's pointless rambling mumbles, the way his heart swelled with a sort of sick, possessive pride whenever the "Kacchan" left Izuku's lips, the way he'd sit in the silence of his dorm room while staring at his hand, wondering what Izuku's hand would feel like in it, the way he dreamt of marking Izuku up with rough bites to show everyone who he belonged to, it was the way someone in love would act.

The realization was a sudden one, the pieces of the puzzle finally snapping into place in Katsuki's mind on a Saturday night as he did English homework while listening to stupidly sappy love songs (they're catchy as shit, fuck off).

My baby, my baby. You're my baby, say it to me...

Immediately, an image of Izuku appeared in Katsuki's head.

Katsuki had gone through quite the list of names for the green-haired boy; first, it was just Izuku, then Deku, then shitty nerd, then just nerd. Ever since UA, Katsuki's resorted to just calling him Deku, with a 'nerd' sprinkled here and there. It's almost second nature to him at this point, but...

Baby.

That's not a name Katsuki had ever thought of associating with Izuku.

Izuku.

Nerd.

Deku.

Baby.

His baby?

Katsuki's eyes widened at the thought.

Izuku? His baby? His Izuku?

Katsuki's breath had hitched in his throat at the thought, his eyes flicking over to the photo of himself, Izuku, Kirishima, and Todoroki, all dressed up in Halloween costumes. He had slowly reached a finger out, tracing over Izuku's beaming face.

"Baby," Katsuki had whispered. Immediately, his heart had begun pounding, violently slamming against his ribcage like a war drum. A pretty scarlet flush had made its way to Katsuki's cheeks, the heat of blood spreading up to the tips of his ears and down his neck.

Katsuki is in love with Izuku. He calls him baby.

Not out loud, of course. Only in his head. He and Izuku are childhood friends turned enemies turned rivals turned rivals AND friends. Izuku was finally comfortable around Katsuki enough, his eyes no longer carrying that deep, shaking fear that made Katsuki sick to his stomach when he remembered it—the fear, the sadness, the despair. The fact that he had been the cause of Izuku's sadness and suffering for so long was one of the reasons why he kept quiet about his feelings; Izuku was an angel who cared for everyone. Everyone loved him. He deserved the best. Someone kind, gentle, romantic, soft, caring, empathetic, patient. Someone who's never hurt Izuku and never will hurt him.

Someone who isn't Katsuki.

So Katsuki grabbed a rusty shovel and took these feelings deep inside the jungle of his mind. Katsuki dug a thin, deep hole. He tossed his feelings inside, neatly covered them in rich soil, and left them to die.