10 | here with you

[UNEDITED]

He has a crush, huh...

"What's on your mind?" Ayaka turns her chair to look at you, resting her chin on her palm.

Only then did you notice you've been spacing out the entire time, spinning your pen with blank eyes, lips parted, looking extremely out of it. Upon hearing Ayaka's question, your eyes unconsciously laid itself on Kazuha's back.

You blink slowly. "Nothing much,"

Ayaka slumps into her seat, following your eyeline. She looks back at you with a slight smirk on her face. "That doesn't seem like nothing much. Do you have feelings for him?"

"What?" You exclaimed, hurrying to deny the allegation. "No, no. It's nothing like that. It's just.."

"Just?"

"He recently told me he had a crush. I was just wondering which unlucky person was his crush. I do not have feelings for him. Come on, Ayaka. You know he isn't my type." You stammer, trying to defend yourself.

Ayaka simply chuckled, "Right. You're clueless aren't you?"

Feeling offended, you lean back in your chair and crossed your arms, furrowing your eyebrows. "Clueless?"

Ayaka laughed even harder, handing you an extra lollipop from inside her bag. "You see, you won't always date your ideal type. It's like how I like dominant women and I just ended up with Yoimiya. Two totally different personalities. You never know, [Y/N]."

You raise your eyebrow at her, "Yeah okay, but I still don't like him."

"Don't like who?"

You almost jump out of your seat upon hearing the familiar voice. Turning around slowly, you make eye contact with those crimson eyes. Shutting your eyes painfully, you pinch the skin between your eyebrows. "Kazuha."

Ayaka let out a loud laugh, slamming the table in absolute glee upon watching your demise. You massage your temples before looking back up at Kazuha with an extremely forced smile. Scanning across the entire classroom for a target, you just give up and settle for Thoma who was sitting one table behind you. "The blondie behind me."

"What?" Thoma whines upon hearing his name. "You can't say that, [Y/N]. We all know you love me."

"More like the other way round." Ayaka mumbles underneath her breath, but you decide not to think much about it.

"Anyways, uh, I've already studied differentiation and logarithms, so it should be fine if we just proceed on with other chapters. I don't wanna you know, waste my time. Especially when college entrance exams are coming soon." You finally turn to Kazuha, shooting him a genuine smile this time.

Ah, College entrance exams, you think. It's been a long few months since Kazuha had started tutoring you and even though it wasn't obvious at first, you could see yourself making more progress than before. With 3 months left to the entrance exams, you couldn't help but subconciously think about the fact that Kazuha isn't Obligated to give you at least 10 hours per week of his time to tutor you anymore. You frown unknowingly.

"Great," He replies. "I'll be busy with student council stuff until late afternoon, so maybe we can go through the next few chapters at around, maybe, 6pm? Here in this classroom."

You nod your head in response.

Time flies by quickly.

6pm, the evening sun rays fill the classroom. Thud. The sound of the classroom door hitting the door reverberates around the awfully silent room.