الترجيع - 𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨

𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙙 — 𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨
𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳
𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵/𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

it had been about a week since the last time abdul's class and jamilah's had study hall together in the library.

as he was entering the room he could see a few boys taunting jamilah between the tall bookshelves. they were pulling at her hair and he could bet they were calling her names.

abdul watched, annoyed by his peers. much like her, he was quiet and kept to himself for the most part. most of his friends were a few years older than him so he hardly seen them in school. not that they really went.

unlike jamilah, he had made it crystal clear that he was not one to be picked on simply because of his quietness. his anger spoke louder than he could. and after showing it off a handful of times, people left him alone.

one boy called harmen pushed jamilah's books out of her hand causing them to fall to the floor. the group of kids around him laughed loudly.

abdul stared at her teary eyes, hoping she'd tell them off but she never did. she just endured the bullying and it irked him. she was better than allowing herself to be treated poorly.

"oi, that's enough." abdul heard one of the boys chuckle.

"what's she gonna do? hit me?" harmen smirked, going to kick her books away while she was attempting to pick them up. he ended up kicking her in the arm which made jamilah wince in pain. "i wish she would."

like a switch had been flipped, the calm anger that abdul usually kept concealed had taken over. his hands trembled from how tightly he was clenching his fist. there wasn't a single thought in his head that didn't surround hurting harmen. abdul didn't think twice about his actions or the consequences. in a few strides he was towering over harmen who's smile quickly fell.

"hey, abdul." the way his voice cracked as he drawled, it was evident harmen knew he was in trouble. "she's fi-"

abdul put his entire weight into the punch he threw, knocking the smaller boy back a few steps.

harmen held his now throbbing cheek. "what the fu-"

abdul swung his arms again and again until the boy was on the ground begging for the beating to stop. no one dared intervene. it wouldn't do them any good.

"abdul..." jamilah said softly from the side.

he glanced over his shoulder to see her shaking her head.

harmen laid on the floor, curled up in a ball groaning as he held his ribs.

abdul stared at him with cold, dark eyes. "do that again and i'll kill you." he didn't raise his voice any louder than his typical low rasp.

making an enemy of abdul wouldn't be pretty for him.

"i'm sorry, jamilah, it won't happen again." the boy cried softly.

abdul picked up her books and then grabbed her hand, dragging her out the library. "we're gone."