The Great Swordsman Appears - Pirate Hunter, Roronoa Zoro

I am Alpharetta Ontario but everyone calls me Alpha and I am currently in the presence of a great swordsman and let me tell you how it happened.

I was in a bar eating my food when Helmeppo, the son of the Head Marine in this town came strutting down the street with his new dog. "Move, move, clear the road for my new pet", he said pompously as his 'cute pet' which was actually more of a rabid wolf-dog rampaged the streets barely clinging on to its collar. "Anyone in the way will be executed", Helmeppo continued.

Out of nowhere, his big dog barged through the door of the bar growling and roaring like it lost its head. It started rampaging and eating food off of people's plates and people backed away in fear. I turned my head to get a good look at the situation. Suddenly, Rika, the daughter of the owner of the bar came with a stick trying to chase the dog away. "Hey, you, do you have a problem with my pet?", Helmeppo questioned her.

Rika's mother tried to stop her but the dog turned and tried to attack Rika. I tensed up and was about to act until a stool hit the dog in the face throwing it to the floor. "Who did that? I won't let you go", Helmeppo ordered. His gaze fell on a green-haired man sitting at the counter. He had bright green hair, tied a scarf over it and had three earrings dangling from his left ear.

"Who the hell are you?!", Helmeppo threw a tantrum. Then, realization and fear washed over him as he came closer raising his sword shakily. "You can't be...Pirate Hunter Zoro?", he said scared. So, this was the great swordsman and pirate hunter, Roronoa Zoro. I had heard many tales about him and I wasn't going to lie, I admired him.

"So what?", he answered calmly not even sparing Helmeppo a glance. "Why the hell is a pirate hunter bothering the marines?", Helmeppo questioned shaking his sword around. "Let me eat in peace", Zoro answered him nonchalantly before stuffing another fork in his mouth. Helmeppo tried to attack him but Zoro maneuvered and in seconds, Helmeppo was on the floor and Zoro had a sword pointed in front of his face.

"You're annoying, your pet too", Zoro said still pointing his sword as he stood over the man. Helmeppo shook in visible fear at the bloodlust in his words. Soon, his fear changed to a smirk as he stated, "Don't you understand? If my father found out about this, those people would be executed", he referred to Rika and her mother.

I gritted my teeth at his words. He always had to bring in his stupid father. Zoro seemed to realize the fact at this point but didn't drop his sword. Helmeppo laughed nervously before continuing as he got up, "What do you think? Why don't we make a deal? Why don't you go to jail instead of them? Let's see...one month. If you survive for one month, I'll let you go too"

I glanced at Rika and her mother who were hugging each other out of fear. "How about it?", Helmeppo finished. My heart quickened as I watched on to see the outcome. There was a moment of silence before Zoro asked, "One month, right?" I was internally screaming 'Don't do it!' but then he dropped his sword on the ground.

I frequently came everyday to the wall to watch him. He would see me and ask me what I was doing here and why I always came. But, I had never had the inner charisma to speak to him. So, I'd just keep silent and blink. He probably thought I was mute.

After 1 week, I couldn't bear to watch anymore, so I grabbed my swords, Ember and Wave and set out to the Marine base. He was originally shocked when I got there as I tried to untie him. He even protested saying he wanted to show he could survive. I stared at him and he smirked and said, "You probably think I'm stubborn, don't you?" I just shook my head before saying, "No, I think, you're determined. That's another good quality about you, Roronoa Zoro" "So, you can speak", he simply said

I just smiled at him before going back to the knots. I groaned as I noticed they were too tight. "I'm gonna cut them off", I said as I stepped back and unsheathed my sword. "A swordswoman", Zoro commented clearly a little surprised. "Yeah, surprise you?", I answered before lifting Wave to cut through the rope.