46

The clock ticking with every passing second was the only source of sound in the big room filled with top-grade shamans, all of them looking attentively at the brunette that sat in front of them.

Misumea found herself sitting on the ground with crossed legs and closed eyes, trying her hardest to concentrate and expand the range of her ability to feel curse energy. Her fingers twitched with every inch that the area grew, her mind slightly fogging with how hard she was working.

But then it all went black.

Her whole body grew goosebumps, a cold bolt of energy running down her spine and making her shoot her eyes open, searching for air and panting hard as the malicious energy had reached her senses and darkened her mind, such a strong and evil feeling she trembled with pure fear.

Kento was close enough to hold her against his chest as she breathed in and out exasperatedly, her eyes jumping from one face to another as she tried to convince herself that she was safe, and not surrounded by evil.

Satoru felt his heart aching at the sight of her lover being so distressed, hurting even more when he saw her best friend being the one there to hold her instead of him but decided to stay in his place anyways as he didn't feel like he deserved to get close to her.

"It's worst than what we imagined." She finally spoke, one hand covering half of her mouth in shock. "And we've got to go the city now."

"You heard her." Yaga spoke with a commanding tone, standing up from his place to gesture at the sorcerers in the room to begin moving out."Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

Misumea was about to begin jogging behind the rest of the group when the big hand of the male she loved stopped her, his finger softly pressing on her arm flesh and making her turn around with a big frown.

"What?" She asked in a mumble while jiggling her limb out of his hold, his touch felt like the coldest ice against her skin. "We've got a bigger situation now, Satoru."

"I know." He sighed as he retreated his hand, trying to pretend that the way she scurried from his touch didn't hurt him. "But I-"

"I won't kill him." Misumea deadpanned in a whisper, almost inaudible. "Even if he deserves it."

"That's not it." Satoru was quick to explain, but still not fast enough as the female had already left the room to reach the other sorcerers, jumping on one of the black SUVs that aimed at the city. "Not at all."

His hand flew up to his already covered eyes to press on them with anger, pure hatred for his own self and his stupid way of being.

Of course he knew what the female must have thought about his drunken confession. Of course he knew she must've wondered when and why, and with fair reason since they have dated since they were both teenagers.
And to make matters worse on his side, the whole week he didn't see her, he didn't gain the courage that he needed to face her and explain everything, and now he knew how much more complicated that made things on his side.

"Satoru! What are you doing?" The deep voice of Yaga called the white-haired male with a loud shout, his hand gesturing to him from the front seat of the last car on the school grounds, making Satoru finally wake up from his worries and jog towards them, sitting in the back and closing the door so the car could begin moving.

"Sorry, boss." Satoru fake chuckled, his tone showing no actual happiness. "Got a lot on my mind."

"You better get a hold of yourself now." Yaga replied, his shades covering his penetrating eyes. "You are a grown man now. Grown enough to understand that Suguru is not the same anymore."

"Roger that." He spoke through gritted teeth, not really enjoying the fact that he was getting reprimanded in a car full of sorcerers, Shoko included.

"So..." The brunette doctor asked after 5 minutes of riding in silence as she twirled a single strand of hair in her index finger, looking at him with honest wonder. "How's the lady?"