𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒓.

Eventually, Alisibeth became too tired to walk anymore due to her bleeding feet and the swelling, so Alexander decided to pick her up and carry her over his shoulder with a smile. Even though she protested for a moment, she allowed such a thing because she honestly needed the relief.

Alexander however, was enjoying wholeheartedly the fact that she accepted his help... Despite the inticing scent of her blood, he knew better than to reveal his true self here and now. He might accidentally hurt the poor girl and he didn't want that; she could be too valuable to lose given how he saw a bit of his younger self in her.

"How much longer must you carry me?" Alisibeth muttered as she rested her elbow on his shoulder to place her cheek within the palm of her hand.

Alexander laughed a little at the tone she took in her voice before he answered her.

"Ah, I can see the roof of my manor through the breaking of lightning my dear. We're close.~" He stated with a soft smile on his lips.

"Hmph... Good. This is becoming embarrassing." She retorted with a huff.

Alexander couldn't help but laugh a little at her impatient manner, it was so cute to see a woman with so much fire in her soul. He decided he would keep her alive for just a little longer than he originally planned, she's just too much of a delight!

She just might become his heir after all.

Eventually, they both arrived at the manor; Alexander stopped and looked to the sky that was now letting up on the rain, just rumbling with thunder and flashing lightning on occasion. Good, that way she won't get sick as quickly as she potentially could already. Alisibeth kicked her feet a little to get his attention as she snapped towards him:

"Oi! Why are we stopping?"

Alexander looked to her injured yet kicking feet and shook his head a little with a soft exhale through his nose even if he doesn't need to breathe anymore.

"Sorry my lady, merely observing the sky for a moment. Let's get you inside and fed, shall we?~"

Oh, a nice warm meal... Alisibeth hadn't had a good meal in so long that her mouth watered at the very notion.

"...Y-Yes please, Mr. Nightvale." She uttered softly over his shoulder.

"Sweet girl, call me Alexander if you would," Alexander sighed a little. "Being addressed as Mister is far too stiff for my preferences."

"Ah! Pardon me! I didn't know!" Alisibeth squeaked softly as she kicked her feet again in a bit of unease.

To the sound of her accelerated heartbeat, Alexander had to quickly compose himself. He was beyond thankful that she couldn't see the snarl that crawled to his lips and barely showed a glittering fang through the lightning that cracked before he came upon his front doors.

[ Sometimes, I forget even my own primal instincts... Ugh! So uncivilized of me, I hardly know this woman and yet... ] Alexander was uttering mentally before he shook his head towards his own internal dialogue. [ Agh, no! She is a guest, Alexander! Control your impulses. ]

He took his unoccupied hand and pushed the doors open, the imposing creaking of them making Alisibeth shudder softly. Candles and lamps lit themselves before he put the young woman upon the carpet he stood on. Alisibeth looked at him like he was insane as she felt her injured feet touch the lavish fabric.