𝟬𝟯 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚑 & 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍

TW: Mentions of death and murder

[Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

16th December 1978

Elena's POV

I am immediately engulfed by a mass of people as soon as I enter the Station. I'm surrounded by police officers, news reporters, and members of the general public. A strong hand grabs my arm and pulls me away from the mob. Sam is still clutching my arm when I exit the crowd of people.

"This is bad, Elena." He stammers.

"What the hell is going on, Sam?" I shout over the loud crowd.

Everyone looks up when there is a loud bang as someone bangs their fist down on the front desk. Chief Stark, with an irritated expression on his face, is standing behind an anxious Pepper. His arms are crossed over his chest as he stands tall.

"Everyone get the hell out of my Station, now!" He screeches.

Chief ushers them out and slams the doors shut behind them as everyone rushes out of the lobby at his command. He sighs and shakes his head as he makes his way back to his office down the hall.

"What was all that?" I ask Sam.

"There's some news. Follow me." He turns around and walks down the hallway, towards my office.

We proceed past my office and into the interrogation rooms while I stick by his side. He opens the door and moves aside to make room for me to enter. I look at Sam with confusion as soon as I step through the door. He looks at me with a lowered head and drooping eyes. He's never looked this way to me before. I'm left in the room alone with the stranger after he pulls the door handle and shuts the door behind him.

I turn around once more and face the petite woman seated behind the metal table. She raises her eyes from the table and gives me a teary-eyed stare. I immediately become tense and lean over to sit in the chair across from her.

"My name is Detective Elena Thompson, what's your name?" I ask.

"Okoye Milaje." She sniffs.

"How can I help you, Ms Milaje?"

She doesn't say anything as she fixes her trembling fist on the table. She looks up at me as I lean forward and put my hand over her fist. My eyebrows furrow as I silently ask what is wrong.

"I need any help I can get." She whispers.

"What's going on?"

"I got a note and a dress sent to my apartment sometime over the past 2 weeks. I opened the letter and it matched the one that Bishop girl got before she was killed." She sobs.