𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

PROLOGUE
Lieutenant Asshole

Carter went to the bar early, waving to Penny as she walked by. "Mom says hi." She informed.

    "Tell her hi back. Is she coming in today?" Penny wondered.

    "Depends on how early dad gets here." Carter replied.

    "Knowing your father, he's probably already here." Penny stated, looking at Carter. "Beer or whiskey?"

    "I'll have beer. Pretty sure we're gonna have flight training tomorrow, and I don't want a hangover from hell." Carter answered.

    "And here you go. Same as your dad." Penny handed her the bottle of beer.

    "Thanks, Penny." Carter thanked, walking over to see a guy with glasses sitting there, eating peanuts happily. She ignored it, just sitting on the nearest stool.

    "Lieutenant Carter 'Chaos' Mitchell." The person's voice annoyed her to no end.

    "Lieutenant Asshole." Carter greeted Jake.

    "Is Phoenix gonna be here?" He asked smugly.

    "That's classified."

    "It's what?"

    "It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." Carter replied. "Although, I wouldn't mind killing you."

    Jake scoffed. "Do you know if Rooster's showing up?"

    "How would I know if he's showing up?" She questioned.

    He shrugged, "I thought you two used to fly together."

    Carter shifted on the stool, not wanting to get into it. She quietly drank her beer, ignoring Jake the best she could.

    "You're not gonna talk to me, are you?" He asked.

    Carter just flipped him off, not looking at him. He sighed, and walked off to talk to Javy. There was something off when he brought up Rooster, and he knew it.

    Carter just tried to think of the upcoming mission and the candidates for it. She finished her beer and ordered another one. She checked her phone to see a text from Natasha: 'I'll be there soon, got stuck in stupid traffic'.

    Carter told her not to worry about it, then she tucked her phone in the back pocket of her jeans. She kept her black leather jacket on, and took her aviator sunglasses off as she drank her second beer. She really didn't want to think about Bradley Bradshaw at that moment.

    She sighed, waiting in agony for her friend to show up. She kept to herself, not noticing when Penny would look at her with confusion in her eyes. Carter didn't mind being alone, she actually felt better alone, at least since she got into the Naval Academy, she did.

    Jake looked at her with furrowed eyebrows from across the room.

    "How do you know Chaos again?" Javy asked Jake.

    "Went to the Naval Academy together. Pretty sure she tried to light my book on fire." Jake answered. "Why?"

    Javy shrugged. "You keep looking at her."

    "She got weird when I mentioned Bradshaw."

    "You think something happened between them?" Javy wondered.

    Jake took a deep breath, "probably."

    Carter finished the second bottle, fiddling with the end of her sleeve. She noticed her mom and dad walk in and sit at the bar while Penny had her back towards them. Carter grinned, getting up without anyone noticing where she was going. "Hey, mom, did you see a fossil anywhere 'round here?" Carter asked, referring to her dad.

    Her dad scoffed, "I'll have you know, your mother is only two years younger than me. Which means you're calling her a fossil."

    "Yeah, but she's a cool fossil." Carter smirked.

    "You break my heart, kid." Pete smiled, hugging her. "Good to see you, kiddo."

    "Good to see you too, dad."

    "Where's Natasha?" Kate wondered.

    "She got stuck in traffic. She should be here soon." Carter said. "I'm gonna go... sit over there now."

    Pete ruffled the tip of her hair, watching as Carter walked away. Carter rolled her eyes when she saw Jake and Javy over by the darts. She sat back down on the stool and got lost in her own mind.

Just know that Carter is a perfect mix of Kate and Pete, keep that in mind... for reasons

Also, Carter and Natasha being best friends is >>>

Okay, bye!