fourty-nine

49 || harry's return

SINCE LUCAS had left, Adelaide had been alone with her thoughts, lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Harry had arrived and had been sent upstairs while an order meeting occurred but she couldn't care less.

From below she could hear a scurry of feet and low voices, she got out of bed reluctantly and made her way to the other, "Hey Harry, how are you?"

Harry looked at her with a soft smile, "Adelaide," He shook his head, "I'm good, we're trying to listen to the meeting."

From the looks of everyone else, it all seemed tense, Harry was pissed but seeing Adelaide had calmed him down.

"Uh-oh," Fred tugged the extendable ear up and him and George vanished, Mrs Weasley appeared, "The meeting's over, you can come down and have dinner now, everyone's dying to see you, Harry. and who's left all those Dungbombs outside the kitchen door?"

"Crookshanks," said Ginny unblushingly. "He loves playing with them."

"Oh," said Mrs. Weasley, "I thought it might have been Kreacher, he keeps doing odd things like that. Now don't forget to keep your voices down in the hall. Ginny, your hands are filthy, what have you been doing? Go and wash them before dinner, please. . . ."

Ron and Hermione muttered a few things to Harry but as Adelaide descended down the stairs, the boy followed after, "Did you stop writing because Dumbledore told you to? Like he did with Hermione and Ron?"

Adelaide nodded, "Trust me, I put up a fight but it was for our safety and for yours, if Voldemort found you... I don't know what I'd do," She realised what she said, "You know, your dumb annoying face and whining voice."

She sped away from him and took her seat next to Regulus who was chewing his nails anxiously, "Do you know how much bacteria is in your nails? Too much," Regulus frowned, "I wash my hands."

"Fine. When you die don't say I didn't warn you."

Harry walked in with Sirius, amazed by the sight in front of him. It was different to what he had previously seen in the house, less gloom and doom, a large fire, pots hanging from the ceilings and chairs crammed around a long table.

Mr Weasley and Bill sat on one end of the table talking in hushed whispers while Adelaide and Regulus mirrored them. Harry wouldn't lie, he was scared of Adelaide's uncle, he had learnt from Sirius that he was previously a death eater until he helped bring Voldemort's downfall, now he was Adelaide's much over protective uncle, though she said he's more like an annoying brother.

Mrs. Weasley cleared her throat, her husband looked around and jumped to his feet. "Harry!" Mr. Weasley said, hurrying forward to greet him and shaking his hand vigorously. "Good to see you!"

Over his shoulder Harry saw Bill, who still wore his long hair in a ponytail, hastily rolling up the lengths of parchment left on the table. "Journey all right, Harry?" Bill called, trying to gather up twelve scrolls at once. "Mad-Eye didn't make you come via Greenland, then?"

"He tried," said Tonks, striding over to help Bill and immediately sending a candle toppling onto the last piece of parchment. "Oh no — sorry —"

"Here, dear," said Mrs. Weasley, sounding exasperated, and she repaired the parchment with a wave of her wand.

"This sort of thing ought to be cleared away promptly at the end of meetings," she snapped when she saw Harry peeping at the parchment, before sweeping off toward an ancient dresser from which she started unloading dinner plates. Bill took out his wand, muttered "Evanesco!" and the scrolls vanished.