The Days After -Day 1

I open my E-Mails again and scoll down as I stumble over an invitation to a Party wich is supposed to be tonight. I am really unmotivated but on the other hand, why not just go. I mean I can't stay in here forever also it is a party and since I am now eighteen and literally no one wished me a happy birthday last month except Snapchat, I should do that. The only problem I think I have, is that I don't have a perfect dress. I should probably just look. On the other hand, why does it have to be dress?

I do my make up after I showered and everything and get going because I am late anyways

I do my make up after I showered and everything and get going because I am late anyways. I am a little worried about the shoes and my protese tho. Oh I got an idea, I'll just put on tights in skin colour, that'll do the trick. I try it out and it works out just fine.

As soon as I am done I call an uber. Maybe I should've checked what kind of Party this is? I read the mail again, it's more like an evening where a bunch of famous people meet at one of the famous peoples houses and talk about famous stuff. Fun. I just hope the others won't be there. The uber lets me out in front of the house and I look at the mail again, I have no idea who lives here. At first I can't find a name but then I do. Bruno Mars. Okay this is really just perfect.

From inside I can already hear chatter and laughter. I take one last deep breath and then ring the doorbell. After a while the door gets opened by Bruno Mars himself. He looks surprised to see me. "Hi, come on in." "Thanks. Sorry that I am late." "No worries. I am honestly suprised you showed up." "Believe me, so am I." I'm not a huge fan of him but he is in fact a big deal. Everyone knows him tho. I follow him into a room where all the others are sitting around a huge table. "I'll show you around."

Some of the Celebrities have already spotted me and I saw them. Ariana Grande, Katy Perry and some others are here. Until now there is no Alyssia or anyone of them. Now that I think about it, I haven't heard much about them the last week, I guess Alyssia wasn't as good as me after all.

Bruno shows me the basic rooms and then his own studio in his basement. I haven't been in one for so long tho. "Can I ask you something?" He turns to me. "Sure." "Did you hear from the other four? I mean it's almost like they vanished." "Nope I didn't. I guess Alyssia isn't as good as me after all but everyone has to fnd that themself." He just smiles and then we head back upstairs. He reserved a place for me right next to him and on the other side next to me sitting is Ed Sheeran but he doesn't seem to be interested in me at all. Everyone is talking to someone about something but after about ten minutes they serve dinner.

I eat all by myself and have a few glasses of champagne. As everyone is finished they all head into another room and stand in small groups and talk with each other. I on the ohter hand just watch everyone closely and try to remember who they are. Some of them are clearly talking about me and at some point this is all getting too much. I leave and at first wanna go to the bathroom but then I remember the studio in the basement. I'm sure Bruno wouldn't mind tho. I head there and set everything up. I don't turn on anything tho, I just put the picrophone to my height and close my eyes. Whatever I am about to sing, is my heart singing.

"There are eight billion people in the world
But not a single one who understands
I might as well be the only living girl
Wanna be happy but I feel embarrassed to say that I'm lonely

Imagine someone caring for me every day and night
But now I don't have anyone to ask if I'm alright

Stop saying I'm pretty

'Cause pretty girls don't spend Friday nights alone in the kitchen
Stop saying I'm funny
'Cause funny girls don't lock themselves in a room to cry

Doesn't matter how many friends I have
'Cause truth is, I'll sit down at 12 a.m. and the only facе I see is me
If only eight billion peoplе could help a bit

Tryna cope with all the insecurities
Seeing my friends having the best lives don't make me feel better

Imagine someone caring for me every day and night
But now I don't have anyone to ask if I'm alright

Stop saying I'm pretty
'Cause pretty girls don't spend Friday nights alone in the kitchen
Stop saying I'm funny
'Cause funny girls don't lock themselves in a room to cry

Doesn't matter how many friends I have
'Cause truth is, I'll sit down at 12 a.m. and the only face I see is me
If only eight billion people could help a bit

Crowded parties, busy streets
Hanging with my friends
Fireworks on New Year's Eve
But I still feel so lonely
Long drives in his Benz, watching sunsets
Seeming like it's perfect
Family time on the weekends
But I still feel so lonely
Stop saying I'm pretty
'Cause pretty girls don't spend Friday nights alone in the kitchen
Stop saying I'm funny
'Cause funny girls don't lock themselves in a room to cry
Doesn't matter how many friends I have
'Cause truth is, I'll sit down at 12 a.m. and the only face I see is me
If only eight billion people could help a bit."

I take a step away from the mic and take a deep breath. Oh boy this was intense. I hear someone clapping and look a the door in wich Taylor Swift is standing. "I left the door open." I say quietly while regretting it. "You should recorg it." "I- it was nothing. I'm sorry." "I am not the one you should be apologizing to." "What do you mean?" "Well what about your Band?" I scoff. "Right. After all I think I am the one deserving an apology." She takes a few steps towards me. "I don't wanna be that type of person but I heard something different."

"Alyssia, you guys met." She nods as if she knows more than me. "I- you know, would you listen to my side of the story." "I mean sure but I won't be on one side or something if that's what you're expecting." "I am not, it's just that you are the whole reason I build all this in the first place and now I am in front of you and it should be the best day of my life and don't get me wrong, I am happy to meet you, really am, but it was a really hard time for me." She nods slowly and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Sit down and take a sip. You are completely overwhelmed." Yeah I am and I am surprised I am not having a panic attack right now.

I explain everything to her, from the very beginning until now and at some point I can't hold back my tears any more. "I've heard something really different. If you don't mind me asking, what happened with your leg? I'm sorry if that's rude." "No it's fine, it's just nothing I like to tell you know." She pulls me in for a hug. "How about you tell the world your side of the whole story and they can decide for themselves whom to believe." "I would rather not do that. They're four, you know. I am just me." "If it helps, I believe you. Alyssia is really nice and everything but the way you told me, I don't think you're lying." I giggle. So much to not choose a side.

This chapter is a little longer than the other ones but much of it are just Lyrics. I hope you like the story so far and are excited to read what's happening next.