You're Sick

"Nathalie, are you sure you're feeling okay?" The designer asked, concern in his eyes as he looked over at his assistant. She looked up at him, skin paper white, slightly shaking.
"Yes, sir. I'm just cold" she replied, immediately averting her gaze back to her computer screen.
"It's just," he continued, "you look very pale and shaky, those were the symptoms Emilie got when her illness started getting severe. Are you sure you don't want to take a break?" She scoffed at him.
"As if I can take a break in the middle of Fashion week, sir. I still have many emails to reply to and so much fabric and other supplies to order. If I take a break we will fall behind and be underprepared." Gabriel walked down from his glass podium and walked over to her desk, putting a hand on her forehead.
"You're boiling hot, Nathalie."
"I'll be fine, sir. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go give Adrian his schedule for this month. I'll be back." The young woman stood up from her chair, only to feel an immense amount of dizziness and her legs to collapse beneath her. Gabriel shouted out in panic and caught her before she smashed her head open on the metal table. He picked her up bridal style and took her to the atria, where he placed her on a sofa infront of the fireplace. They just looked at each other. Gabriel kneeled next to the sofa so their eyes were levelled.

"Okay, I might be a bit under the weather" Nathalie muttered, her pride vanishing.
"A little? You collapsed!" Gabriel shouted. He didn't mean to be aggressive he was just very worried. When he saw Nathalie flinch he sighed.
"I'm sorry for raising my voice. I'm just so worried about you. You're getting so much worse" He slid his hand on top of hers.
"Sir, just give me my pills and I should be fine. As I said Fashion week.."
"Fuck Fashion week. You're more important."
Nathalie looked at him in surprise. Never in her 15 years of knowing the man had she ever heard him swear. She blushed a little. He really must care about her.
"I can't send you home like this. Stay the night, please. In one of the guest bedrooms." he pleaded her. She thought for a good minute.
"Okay," she finally agreed, " but in the morning I have to go home to feed my cat."
"Deal" said Gabriel, and they shook hands.

Adrien descended down the massive staircase and walked into the atria, he had left his sheet music in there for his piano practise. He gasped when he saw both adults holding hands, his father kneeling at Nathalie's side. They turned to look at him, but Nathalie turned her head too fast and hissed as she triggered another dizzy spell. She let go of Gabriel's hand to cradle her throbbing head.
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!" Adrien exclaimed, rushing over to his mother figure so he could comfort her, while his father rushed to get her a glass of water from the kitchen. He sat next to her and rubbed her back as she hunched over.
"I'm so sorry Nathalie! I was just shocked to see you and father holding hands, he hasn't shown that much affection towards a woman since, you know..." he trailed off. Nathalie didn't answer. She wasn't angry with him, simply in too much pain to even process what he just said. She could hear a loud ringing that was vibrating her brain and it felt like someone was stabbing her skull over and over again. Not to mention she felt like she was on a boat in the middle of a tsunami. Gabriel eventually came back with the water and knelt beside her again, helping her drink some. It helped a little.
"Adrien, I think it's best you go upstairs so Nathalie can lie down and have some peace and quiet." murmured Gabriel, turning towards his son.
"Yes, father" Adrien whispered, he didn't want to make the ladies headache even worse. He patted Nathalie on the back and left the room, sheet music in hand.

"How are you feeling?" asked Gabriel. Nathalie just sat there hunched over, still holding her head. Gabriel decided to lift her bridal style again and bring her to the guest room, where she could lie down in a bed. He lowered her on the mattress carefully and tucked her in, being careful not to jolt her around too much. She had fainted in him arms and he knew it was her bodies was of saying she needed some time to rest. He kissed her on the forehead and whispered to her, "please don't die on me." He was only half joking, he was very concerned for her health. He slowly made his was out of the room and shut the door behind him, to then make his way back to his design studio. Not to design, but to log onto Natalie's computer and do the emails himself, to be a helping hand.

Word count: 854