~Prisoner To Crowns~

Far, far away from the hustling and bustling towns, full of those who suffer and those who slip by without a care, a castle was built out of sandstone, made for the very top of the pyramid, the very height of perfection in a disgusting society, filled to the brim with only the most spoilt of princess' and the most egoistic of princes, butlers and maids rushing around in the well-decorated halls to just deliver food to those who didn't want to leave bed, and a ball was always held at the end with only the finest of wines and musicians that would play any song you desire if you flicked your wrist right. And with all this luxury and greed, only came the intimidating guards that could grab anyone with one hand only, even if they dared squirm. But, the few who were fortunate enough to even get inside were soon tossed into the dusty cellar below the dazzling halls, only fed foods rats and other nasty creatures would either take from them or they already had their feast on it. The floors were covered in grime and prisoners were left with skeletons to stare at you till your soul gets devoured by lack of hope.

 In one of these cells, a rather scrawny woman sat, staring at the ceiling and tapping her fingers on the cell bars behind herself. Her dark, short hair stuck through some of the bars, it was badly cut; half of it only going up to here ears then sticking out and the other half dusting away as her shoulders and neck. Her skin was pale from lack of sunlight, deep eyebags rested below her greying eyes, that used to be a bright blue when she was younger, if you can believe it. She wore a cream shirt and a dark brown jacket, both; short sleeved, covered in dirt and ripped. Her jeans lay quite loosely around her ankles as she tapped her feet together that were only covered in ripping socks.

"Oi."
A high-pitched yet manly voice called from the cell behind her, making her stop her whistling as she rolled her head towards the voices owner. It was a lad around her age with scruffy, dark brown hair, wearing a ripped, brown shirt with faded blue baggy jeans. He was on his knees, gripping the bars that joined the twos cells with long, pale fingers. He was grinning at the other, which meant that there was about to be some mischief, his name was Ralph.

"Maka, ya' wanna' get out, right?"
Maka, the person Ralph was speaking to, tossed her body over onto her thin knees, crawling over to Ralph with some difficulty and placing one of her, now stone-smelling, hands on her knees when she got to him, her other shaking arm already out stretched towards him, waiting for something to be placed in her cupped and cold hand, she already knew what was going on.

"Give it, 'den."
Ralph handed Maka a chewed, yellow-ish button that had been bitten so hard it was nothing but a thin line by now. Perfect. It was dry, even though it had been chewed, as was the most amazing invention for the prisoners. The prisoners were planning an escape for a while, all of them and this is how it went; one person escaped and ran away, make sure the coast was clear, wait a few days, bring back the lost and found box for clothes, then everyone would slip away under the mask of Royals, everyone of them perfecting their walks and their accents as they made the plans, all they needed was a way to break the lock, and Ralph just handed Makka the key to it all.

"Get it 'n' go, Maks."
He nodded to her, watching the lady scramble to her feet and stagger to the cell door, her legs hardly being able to support such weight with such little food and sleep, even if she seemed like a stick to others. She shoved her arm through the small gap between the grimey bars, her arm almost being crushed between them, but every prisoner knew the pain and got on with it when they were trying to get the guards to let them out, wanting to yank their hair to pull them in, of maybe beg on their knees for forgiveness. She tried to shove the tooth-engraved with nothing else helping, then decided to shove her other arm through and push down the lock to keep it steady as she flicked her wrist around for a little while, biting her tongue and looking to the dusty ceiling for support as she begged whatever God was up there to help her get away with this stunt. At the click, she grinned, her face almost burning away the dust with pure happiness, yanking her arm out the tight cell door with hardly any struggle and slowly opening it. It was loud and creaky, she instantly ran to the door as soon as she got an opening, then out of the blue; the other prisoners begun to hush-yell at her, cheering her up to see the light of day once more, other than through broken glass.

"G'won Maka!"
"Almost 'dere, girl!"
"Go get 'em!"
"Get us diamonds!"

At the yells, she turned before the stone outline of what used to be a door, it was ripped off his hinges that had rusted over between the large rocks. She kissed her hand a blew it to the crowd of dirty faces, then bolted on up the loud, stone steps, her heavy footsteps echoing up as she was managing to run, her chest heavy after a few steps, yet her grin refused to fade, freedom was so near... As the prisoners celebrated with silent cheers of happiness, she reached the large wooden door that seperated prisoners and Royals, her hand slowly gripping the handle of the door. She slowly opened it, peering out,

And, my god, it was beautiful..