Singing Halls

It was beautiful..

The halls were made out of sandstone coated with the most fine strokes of cream. The windows almost shimmered with every glint of the stars that was lighting up the floor to show the beautiful wood decorated by a singular red carpet down the middle, decorated around its outlines with golden swirls, much unlike the cold, gloomy floors of the cellar. These walls were carved by the careful hands of angels is seemed, the roof decorated with breath taking paintings of cupids and a dancing beauty, a woman wearing a glorious white dress. Not a thing looked out of place from the doorway to the cellar, a doorway just opposite a bench with a painting of a woman dancing with a man hung above the shining, white seat. Where Maka stood, everything was much more dark, since it seemed it was night. There was gentle music playing from somewhere in the distance and there wasn't a single person up or down the hall; no guards, no royals, nothing.

Maka shuffled out from the doorway, striding down the hall to look around. Everything was perfect, the doors were mights and thick to overwhelm some, yet it attracted Maka with its grace and unfamiliar feel. She eventually found herself in the changing room and decided to look around a bit. She found a dazzling blue suit in the lost and found, but wanted to take a shower and brush her hair to fit in more with the place she was currently shove in. She looked around for the bathrooms, taking a quick and warm shower, a warmth she had never felt before, then looking about, giving her hair a quick dry with a spare hair dryer and brushing it with a brush. She rummaged around in the pockets of the suit and luckily found a piece of ribbon, which she tied her hair up with in a small, short pony behind her head. And for a moment, she found herself staring into the emerald eyes of someone else behind the mirror; someone she never even dreamed of seeing, let alone being, then shortly after set off for something to steal.

She, sadly, did not find the rooms, but found herself opposite a door smelling of gravy, in a room full the the brim with books and such. There were many colours, yet the room was quite small, green covering the walls and the floor in a nice shade. In the mix of the colour of nature and paper cuts, there was two tables; one was round with two red, velvet chairs either side, a pot of ink and papers scattered across it in a messy but neat way, the second was rectangular pushed against the wall with a window lighting up the hardwood which the table was made of with two red, velvet chair on the right and a long sofa that was the same texture as the chairs, and on that sofa, was one of the most gorgeous women Maka had ever seen.

This woman had bright, red hair that had recently been dyed, it curled up into a bob next to her ears with lots of swirls, almost like Marilyn Monroe's, yet a dazzling ruby colour. Her face was clean with no makeup, her eyes were like two bright diamonds rolling back and forth underneath her naturally thick eyelashes. Her nose and her mouth were slim, but her face was round and perfect. She was lay across the sofa, one lag on top the other, a black dress with a slit on the leg draped over her slim body, creating a wonderful look for her. The book in her hand was red, but Maka couldn't read the text, since she never learnt how to read from her low status through her life. 

As Maka stared, her face getting brighter and brighter at the woman, the lady felt eyes gently glossing over her face, and soon looked up to see the well-dressed lady as well. The cherry-haired woman furrowed a brow and shut her book, looking at Maka with a confused expression before speaking up in a smooth, posh tone.
"May I help you, ma'am?"

Maka paused and adjusted herself from her love-struck stance to respond.
"Sorre-"
She cleared her throat to try seem more posh.
"Erm.. Apologise, fair lady, you're just.. Nevermind. I'm Maka."

Maka smiled awkwardly, making her way over to sit opposite the woman, perfecting her own sitting state and stance just to make sure she seemed as though she lived there. The red head sighed, giving her own soft smile and placing down her book on the table, resting her face on her hand.

"I'm Cherry, Cherry Walt. It's a pleasure to meet you, Maka."

"Nice to meet you too, Cherry!"
Makas eyes fell onto the book laid on the table.

"What book's that?"

"Hm?"
Cherrys eyes followed.
"Oh, nothing interesting."
She leaned forwards and turned the book over, so the cover was not shown, then adjusted herself back up to see Maka, who was beaming at her with loving eyes.

"Seems interesting!"
Maka piped up, begging to keep up the conversation with the woman.

"Oh, you think so?"

"Yeah!"

"Hm, well, I-"

Before Cherry could continue, a mic squeaked on just above a bookshelf; a male voice boomed some orders, which seemed to get Cherrys attention, so Maka made it get her own. 'It's time to clean up after the ball, love birds, then head to bed. Guards; back on duty.'

Cherry sighed and stood, but Maka stayed seated, watching her tottered to Makas side and smile.
"It was lovely to meet you."
Cherry bent down and laid a simple kiss on Makas cheek, her lips were warm and felt like pillows against Makas own rough and cold skin. Maka went red, reflecting the warmth that she just felt as she watched the woman disappear behind the door, into a crowd of well-dressed royals, leaving Maka stuned.

Authors note: Sorry this is lazy, I really wanted to make something more with these two and have so many ideas; this might be edited to get more detail.