𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Astraea

November 30th, 1998

Three months ago, Greyson and I left Italy. Both of us got accepted into a college in America. It was a new start. Moving from Italy to America was not easy. I had to leave my family behind. Before Greyson and I went to America, my emotions took hold of me at the airport. I knew how selfish it would be for me to ask Roman to move to America with us. He was finally happy with a woman who treated him right. His happiness is something he hasn't had in years. His ex-girlfriend destroyed him. She broke his soul. He was lucky to fall in love again with a woman who'd heal his wounds.

Since Greyson and I landed in Boston, Roman has called every night. He's still the overprotective brother I knew growing up. Even hundreds of miles apart, he'll always be in my corner.

Greyson and I finished unpacking our suitcases last night. We've spent every waking hour putting aside unpacking. I've done more decor shopping instead. Greyson helped me redesign the apartment. He's my other half. He gives me a sense of joy and happiness that I can't describe.

In the last two months, Greyson and I got jobs. He teaches kids how to play guitar, and I got a job at a bookstore. When I hear him play, I feel my heart begin to race. The way his eyes meet mine when he sings. I can feel my heart beat outside my chest. He has a way of connecting to his audience through his words. He's never played in front of more than five people.

Today I spent the first half of the morning looking for gigs for him before my class started. I felt his arms wrap around my waist. His lips pressed against the side of my neck. He whispered, "What would you like for breakfast, my love?"

His voice.

I closed my laptop and turned toward him. He draped his arms over my shoulders. I answered, "I'll pick up something before class. I'll see you at the library after class is over?" He nodded his head and pressed his lips to mine. He caressed the side of my cheek and voices, "I'll be there. I love you."

I combed my fingers through his hair and responded, "I love you too." He released his arms from me. Greyson intertwined his hand with mine. He walked me out to my car. He had a smirk on his face once we got down the stairs to the parking garage. Before I got in the car, I asked, "When's your first class? I can bring the car back, so you don't have to take the train."

He chuckled. Greyson placed his hands on my shoulders and reassured me, "I'll be fine. My class is during yours. I've taken the train many times in the past three months." He placed a kiss on the side of my cheek. Greyson told me, "I'll see you at the library in the afternoon with two hot chocolates and a shit ton of material to study." I chuckled, wrapping my arms around him before I left. I pressed my lips to his.

Once I got in the car, he made sure I got out alright before going back upstairs to the apartment. My hair was still damp from the shower this morning. I spent half an hour in traffic. I dreaded morning classes because traffic was never-ending. By the time I got to class, I had five minutes to myself. I sat in class on my laptop and studied. I pulled out my notes. Next week is the midterm. I could feel my heart race. Midterm week and finals are the most stressful weeks here. Everyone spends their time in the library cramming in last-minute studying.

The first class was the longest. A ninety-minute lecture is a stretch, but my next class is in four hours. I get a break in between my courses. I spend my study time in the library with Greyson. I walked twenty-five minutes to the library. Once I got there, I spotted Greyson in the corner with his hood on, and the computer opened. I approached behind him and wrapped my arms around him. I pressed my lips on the side of his cheek. Greyson muttered under his breath, "I missed you."