Howell x reader

"Hey, Howell?" You walked over to your boyfriend, hugging him from behind.

"Yes?" The teal haired male looked back at you, a faint smile on his face.

"I wanted to ask you, since you know.. you own the cat cafe.. if I could adopt one of the cats from the cafe?"

"Oh? This is a rather sudden request, where did this come from? Now that I'm complaining, just.. curious, love."

"Well... I've actually been thinking about this for a while now. I've even got my place set up for them!" You let him go from the hug, "and of course you'll also be the cat's owner as well. Or rather, their dad."

"Cat dad..? I suppose that'll work."

"Well I mean, you kind of already are, considering.. the cat cafe."

"I suppose that's fair. Alright, let's get ready to go then."

"Sweet! Thanks, babe!" You kissed his cheek and ran off to get ready. Howell got up and went to get ready as well, as both of you were still in your pajamas.

After a little while, the two of you were dressed and ready to go, and were now headed to the cat cafe. You figured one of his siblings would already be there to open up, but if not, you knew Howell had a key to get in, so you weren't too worried. You two chatted a bit as you walked, mostly about how you came to the decision to adopt one of the cafe cats.

Truth is, you have been wanting to adopt one of them for a while now, but you just didn't have the things you would need to properly take care of one, so you had to wait until you got everything ready for them. The reason you wanted to adopt one of the cafe cats was the fact that they've been there for so long and you figured you could bring one into your own home, show them that there's more to life than the cafe.

"You do remember the cats get attached, right?"

"Of course I do. I'm.. honestly surprised none of these little cuties haven't been adopted yet."

"You and me both, Y/n."

"I'm sure more of them will get adopted, Howell. They're very cute cats, and friendly for the most part."

"True, but a lot of them can be a little shy, especially around new people."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right there.." Howell only nodded and walked up to the door of the cafe, before he opened the door.

"Why thank you." You smiled and walked inside, with Howell following behind you.

"Hello Y/n. Howell."

"Hello Wesley!" You smiled more and went over to the counter.

"What brings you here today, hmm?" Wesley asked you, leaning against the counter a bit.

"I actually want to adopt one of the cats!"

"You do?"

"I sure do!"

"I see." Wesley chuckled a bit at this, "very well, then." You went off to the side, where Howell was sitting on the floor with a few of the cats surrounding him. You sat down beside him and several cats ran on over to you.

"Do you know which one you would like to adopt, Y/n?" Howell asked you as he looked over at you.

"Hmm.." you looked over the small group of cats. "They're all just so cute and lovable." You soon noticed an orange cat, with white around the paws, chest and face, with beautiful green eyes.

"Oh my gosh, he's gorgeous!" You gently picked him up. "Howell, Wesley, this is the one I would like to adopt."

"Is that so? Alright, let me just get a few papers for you to fill out."

"Alright, thank you!" You smiled and held the cat in your arms, a smile on your face as you pet his head. You glanced over at Howell and noticed the look on his face. He looked like he was... jealous? Which you thought was rather odd.

"Howell? Are you.. jealous?"

"What? No, that's ridiculous."

"You had this look on your face that said otherwise."

"You're just seeing things."

"If you say so, Y/n." You shrugged and leaned against him as you kept petting the cat in your arms. A few moments passed by and Wesley walked off with a few papers and clipboard in hand.

"Here you are." He handed the papers to you, but noticed Howell's face.

"...jealousy is not a good look for you, Howell."

"I'm not jealous..!"

"Sure you're not." Wesley playfully rolled his eyes. You chuckled a bit and started filling out papers as the cat was now resting on your lap, purring softly.

"...You don't need to be jealous, Howell." You glanced over at the teal haired male, "I will always love you more than anything. Sure, this cat will get a lot of love, but he won't replace you." You leaned over and kissed his cheek. Howell smiled faintly at your words and looked back at you.

"Thank you, Y/n. I appreciate you saying that.."

"Of course! I want you to know that I love you." You soon finished filling out the paperwork and handed the clipboard back over to Wesley.

"Thank you." He said as he went to put them in the back.

"Is there anything else I need to fill out..?"

"Nah, all we have to do now, is give him a name and get him to his new home." Howell told you as he reached over and pet the cat's head.

"Oh, that's right..! He needs a name." You tapped your chin in thought. "How about... (cat name)?"

"(Cat name)..?" Howell thought about it for a few moments, but nodded. "I think it's a great name for him."

"Sweet!"

"Alright, here's a carrier to bring him home in, along with a few other things." Wesley spoke up as he walked over to you, holding a small bag of items and a carrier.

"Alright! Let's go, Howell!" You held the carrier as he got (cat name) inside, before you walked out, waving goodbye to Wesley.

"Thank you for going with me today, Howell."

"You're welcome, Y/n." You smiled as you walked home, hand in hand, with your new family member in your other arm.